Plasma Borders

I’ve been moving my cards into new binders and completely forgot that the plasma cards had a nice blue border. Since we are moving away from yellow borders I figured I would see how you guys felt about the blue borders.

3 Likes

Blue is a great color, but I was not a fan of it as a border. It’s a bit too dark for my taste.

1 Like

I absolute love them. I may be biased though, I love all the bad guy stuff in the tcg (team rocket returns, team aqua/magma cards, etc). I especially love them on the full arts. I hope they do something similar for Team Star :star:

The team flare stuff on the other hand is a bit questionable lol

6 Likes

They look fantastic on full arts like @knotchi said but they can be a bit much on regular cards sometimes. Although they look pretty nice on dark pokemon like the umbreon.

Also I actually quite like the flare cards. They give me secret rare vibes like the other gold trainers around that time but just red instead.

1 Like

I have pack fresh cards that have chipping/poor cuts on the edges, and it looks like major edge wear on the front of the card. Yellow or silver borders hides that much better.

1 Like

I think they look pretty cool ! i wouldn’t be against more variation in card borders in the future :grin:

Love them especially full arts

7 Likes

can we talk about ace spec cards? this was peak Pokémon design

3 Likes

Grey > blue > yellow imo

Am I the only one who thought that the blue borders were too reminiscent of Digimon?

4 Likes

you say that like its a bad thing :thinking: lm one of those freaks that liked digimon more than pokemon for a specific period of time

also, here’s another card that looks digimon-esque for some reason imo

2 Likes

I watched the anime for a little while when it originally came out (theme song will always live in my brain rent free). But I quickly let it fall to the wayside for my other interests (MTG, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh).

1 Like

The first season of Digimon was a banger.

2 Likes

♪ I see a blue border and want to paint it black. ♫

Salamon digivolve tooooo

Gatomon

2 Likes

My son is going through a Digimon phase and its amazing. Seeing the old episodes really brings me back!

3 Likes