Out of topic but I'm just so angry right now.

I said this before and I’ll say it again…if someone wants to kill then they will, regardless of the laws/regulations they will find a way to do it. This very much aligns with Stuarts closing comment about the man behind the gun.

There is no direct correlation between gun regulations and gun-related murders if you check stats on the entire world. Also, the gun crime rate is way lower in Canada than it is in the States (by about 6 fold I believe), and every police officer on patrol in my city carries a gun, my family own guns which are in our household, and afaik it is very easy to obtain one here (my dad keeps telling me I should get one all the time so it can’t be that hard). I am not educated enough on the laws to say which country is stricter for gun laws but I would presume the US and Canada are similar. I’m not proving a point about Canada, I’m explaining how the higher rates in the US are likely due to completely different factors.

1. The reality is that the US has a larger population so it seems like these things happen more often there due to sheer volume of people.
  2. The US is one of the media giants of the world; when something huge happens there, it’s world news. If something like that happened in Canada for example, it would be publicized less globally. I see it happen all the time. Plus I get every major US news channel for free with my cable, I don’t get a single Canadian one when I’m in the States lol.
  3. Note that no matter what two countries we compare, it’s not fair to draw real conclusions. There are way too many variables that play in to specific countries. Every country in the world needs to be analyzed for correlations before anything conclusive can be said.
  4. Finally we must look at overall murder rates and not gun murder rates. If there are less guns, there will be less gun murders by default, but what if there are way more stabbings for example, in a country with less guns?

Also, good read and very logical theacru.org/acru/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

ps. Stuart, not a jab at the UK but it seems the overall crime rate is higher in the UK than it is in the US, even though the gun crime rate is way higher in the US versus the UK. So where do you really feel safer? Country with more crime but less gun crime? Or country with less crime but more gun crime? Just pointing out how we cannot look at individual figures to draw conclusions.