One of the craziest turns in the pokemon TCG just happened

for anyone who enjoys the competitive side, someone just pulled off a showreel turn on stream.

-timer expired
-the player was on t2 of overtime
-used radiant alakazam to set up urshifu vmax rapid flow KO
-medicham yoga looped to steal the opponent’s t3 (final turn of overtime) and take two prizes
-used rapid strike urshifu vmax to take the last 4 prizes to come back from behind and win the match

15 Likes

I don’t follow competitive play much anymore, but it’s nice to see Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX back in play. G-MAX Rapid Flow was always a fun move!

Moments like this make me hope i was much deeper in the playing meta and card combos, i have no idea what happened but it looked like an epic moment :smile:

2 Likes

nice loop :repeat:

bradner actually hit a 6 prize turn on stream last regional iirc… this is pretty cool because of the time rules tho

2 Likes

Nicely said I can agree on that totally.

1 Like

DUNNNNYYYYYYY

1 Like

I also don’t really understand but seeing Benjamin so excited/animated despite losing is really nice

2 Likes

he used radiant alakazam’s ability to move some damage counters onto one of the benched pokemon to bring it into range of urshifu’s gmax rapid flow. Then he sent up medicham v to use loga loop onto the active (2 prizes). since he was able to get the KO with it, he was able to get an extra turn which allowed him to KO the VMAX on the bench (3 prizes) and one random 1 prizer for the final 4 prizes

4 Likes

this sort of combo along with the intel vmax’s ability which places 2 damage counters on two pokemon is the point of the deck. you set up pokemon for yoga loop plays. taking an extra turn is extremely strong. it means you get to draw another card from your deck, play another supporter, attach another energy, and attack again.

i would be too tbh lol

Incredible stuff! This is E4’s very own @dunsparce0p who pulled off this ridiculous combo!

17 Likes

Always great when the competition can smile when they lose.

Thanks a lot! Not a super complex combo but still requires quite a lot of stars to be aligned right, must feel good to execute it in one turn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really cool seeing the opponent also equally as hyped to see the combo!

2 Likes

the complexity comes in the turns prior, carefully setting up the boardstate for the combo

1 Like

That sounds like good control deck which is always enjoyable when every card game meta nowadays seems to be just rushing to beat your opponent with as fast cards as possible

1 Like

Wait… I missed the part when they started playing yugioh.
:rofl:

This was very cool. Took me a bit to understand what happened, but this is pretty cool.

1 Like