Amazing Rares

New rarity coming in the next set! Looks pretty neat, what do you guys think of it?

36 Likes

That’s a gorgeous card.

It’s amazing how much more I find myself appreciating modern cards when they’re not full arts.

14 Likes

Jirachi’s move is: [F][M] Amazing Star: Search your deck for up to 7 Basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck.

Rayquaza’s move is: [G][L][F] Amazing Burst: 80x damage. Discard all basic Energy from this Pokemon. This attack does 80 damage for each type of basic Energy you discarded in this way.

The power creep is insane. Assuming you’re allowed to play more than one of these at the same time, playing these two together would allow Jirachi to power Rayquaza up to unleash a 560 damage attack on the next turn.

5 Likes

Pretty cool!

14 Likes

nice.

Yeah these are super spicy. I love them, but maybe a little gaudy for some people. Can’t wait to see what other mons make the cut.

Lookin good.

Definitely not a fan of modern cards. However, the painted look of these arts look pretty dang cool.

1 Like

Thanks for posting about these. they look awesome! These will be the first non-promo moderns I collect.

2 Likes

They look to be textured similar to the shiny’s we got in hidden fates, not bad!

1 Like

Wonder what the pull rate is going to be on these things?

Looks AMAZING!

1 Like

Oh hello Ray

They must look amazing in person! Looking similar to the BW secret rares, which I like, partially textured but with many more colours. Nice!

Looks like they will be textured in some way, love that! A very interesting design too. Will be picking some up if I can!

1 Like

Jirachi’s ability is so good. You don’t even need escape board. There was also news a few months back about amazing rares that would not give up prizes.

Based on the box art for the set, it’s looking like Lugia and Celebi could be getting amazing rares too. I’d love a ho-oh and lugia in this style.

2 Likes

These are really nice

2 Likes

Oh man, I do really like the design, am a huge sucker for the painted look on cards (shout out court kings to anyone who collects basketball cards). I’m curious how the yellow border will affect the look of the cards, the silver one is super nice. Never ending struggle of collecting cards that I can read vs. cards I think look better :slightly_frowning_face:

Time to learn Kanji :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

these will be fun to open. Very cool that they’re mixing it up.

2 Likes