One more poll! Which will you personally think will spike in value?

So we have seen some recent sales of certain cards sold through PWCC that have just hit huge numbers like those art design winners so what’s next to spike in your opinion ?

Gold Star Cards

Neo Shinning Cards

1st Edition Cards

Crystal Cards

I personally see the gold stars taking a big step forward with value but not all of them , most but not all.

Let me know community :raised_hands::innocent:

Don’t give the market ideas. Why can’t we have a thread for “Which will you personally think will tank in value?”

13 Likes

Lilie cards

5 Likes

Most likely none of these, at least not individually. They are all old enough to have a well established value. If anything spikes, it’ll be all of them at the same time like in 2016 and 2020, maybe with a slight focus on the older because of the nostalgia bonus.

5 Likes

Sometimes the truth is far more boring than we would like to admit. I don’t think that any of those will spike in value. Stability and incremental growth is the name of the game for vintage.

If you’re looking for spiking prices, look at waifu cards or Japanese-exclusive promos from the XY and Sun & Moon era.

5 Likes

tulips underrated atm imo

5 Likes

I don’t know if any of them will spike, but I’m pretty sure that GS, Crystals and Shinings will continue to rise in value steadily, because that’s what they have done even after the last boom. I’m still collecting Japanese Gold Stars, and during the past 2 years, there has not once been a time where I could have bought one of them cheaper than the day before. Not once.

What I’m worried about is the profit that the recent sales in modern Pokemon has generated. Chances are, the money stays in the hobby. And if selling modern cards accumulates enough profit to afford vintage cards, that’s the next logical step. I hope I’m wrong.

Let me tell you something, folks, these Gold Star Pokémon cards are just incredible. Truly, the best. Absolutely fantastic, okay? They’re like the Trump Tower of Pokémon cards. Just, beautiful.

I’ve seen some of these cards, and I’m telling you, they’re not just cards, they’re an investment. A big league investment. People think it’s just a kid’s game, but let me tell you, there’s big money in it. I know money. I’ve made a lot of it and these cards, they’re like gold. Better than gold, even.

Do you know what makes these Gold Star cards so special, so unique? They’re incredibly rare, and that’s what makes them valuable, folks. And they’re beautiful. Just like our great country, they stand out. They’ve got these shiny, holographic stars on them. They’re not just regular Pokémon cards. They are top-tier, just like my buildings, the absolute best.

You have a Charizard Gold Star card? That’s a great card, a tremendous card. One of the best. Charizard is a winner, and we love winners, don’t we? It’s like having a Trump Tower right there in your hand.

And the Pikachu Gold Star card? Now that’s a card. Everybody loves Pikachu. He’s cute, he’s powerful, he’s electric! It’s like having a little Trump, a very successful, smart, and powerful creature right in your card collection.

You’ve got to be smart, folks. You’ve got to be sharp. These Gold Star Pokémon cards, they’re not just for kids. They’re for winners. They’re for smart people who understand value. If you’re not collecting them, you’re missing out. Bigly. I have a terrific sense for these things. Believe me. And these cards, they’re the future. You want to be a part of the future, don’t you?

15 Likes

Just a theory, but it seems like Pokémon is bringing back old school ex and delta species Pokémon in the new era (dark Charizard). They may bring back something similar to gold stars. If they do, I imagine the old gold stars could receive a little bump.

How much more can Lillie rise??
Us watching:

3 Likes

How bout those gold star greninjas though? Absolute gold mine :smirk:

1 Like

things that i dont want to collect rn will spike in value, so go for those things, not the things that I want to and am currently collecting. those will be forever cheap. thanks.

2 Likes

Expedition cards :pray::pray::face_holding_back_tears:

Edit: So I can offload some of my hoard in order to buy modern of course

Anything named after a flower.

• Black Lotus
  • Black Rose Dragon
  • Lillie
  • Acerola
  • Mallow
  • Professor Magnolia

Next week collectors be like

2 Likes

There’s loads of all of these cards. For instance gold stars if just looking at 9s and 10s combined the lowest is in the low 3 figures and highest is in the low 4 figures for pops and that’s just psa.

The only thing spiking right now is my blood pressure as I try to comprehend any of these modern price increases.

2 Likes