Old school “holo bleeds”?

I’m curious to find out from the card below as reference, do people just take these as how cards were printed from back then? Or are there people like me who consider them holo bleeds?

Technically if u would say, a holo bleed would have its holo foils printed outside the borders right? And I don’t see them printed this way on similar cards often

When people typically refer to “holo bleeds,” they are often suggesting one of two things: 1) additional holo pattern visible within the art box (e.g., Neo Revelation), or 2) holo pattern showing across the entire card under bright light (e.g., Secret Wonders).

What you are bringing up is how PSA also references “holo bleed.” In other words, the holo pattern is visible under the ink of the cards, but it does not shine through per se.

This is just how cards used to be made. Generally, there is not a premium for this type of card, but there often is a premium for Neo Revelation holo bleeds or Secret Wonders holo bleeds.

https://www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/10526/psa-resumes-grading-tcg-holo-bleeds

Edit: Pictured are not my cards.

1 Like

Those are some really nice art! Thanks for the insight

1 Like