No Symbols or Jungle 1st Edition Holos

What do you see the future will be for these cards? No symbols are more niche but more rare, while the 1st editions are gaining traction quicker it seems.

Both have bright futures:)

7 Likes

Magic 8 Ball says…

Collect what you like

6 Likes

I personally love the no symbol ones since they are very unique. 2 years ago I hunted them all in PSA 10 and it was one of my favorite challenges a collector :blush:

4 Likes

I don’t know about the future investment value, but even my grandma can figure out what a first edition symbol means. She wouldn’t notice immediately the absence of a tiny symbol in the corner of a card.

No rarity, while it might preclude first edition, only really seems to be recognizable by true collectors and not known by the general public.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

I prefer no symbol for it’s uniqueness, but I see 1st edition always being more valuable

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is what happened to me recently. I went to post a set of no symbol holos on a buy/sell forum and the post was declined with a comment from the moderator of: “Your asking price is absurd for unlimited holos”… Smh

1 Like

Lol if that doesn’t describe those forums then I don’t know what does. Those people have no business moderating Pokemon card marketplaces.

2 Likes

The no symbols are interesting. Most of us who were around in 1999 began collecting base unlimited, it was all we had for some VERY formative months until jungle was released. Besides shadowless, base unlimited is the only set with no symbol and no stamp. Seeing legitimate jungle cards with the same layout is going to hit all the right spots for some collectors I think.

Don’t know how they’ll stack up against 1st ed, probably need more data. The general interest has certainly picked up, I remember when confirmed Jungle no symbol boxes and red logo Fossil boxes were the cheapest optionon ebay. How times have changed.

2 Likes