No Symbol Jungle packs- What do we know?

So I came across a jungle pack lot, and I noticed some distinct differences in the font and coloration. Is there a chance that some could be no symbol? If so, what do we know about how to tell the difference between regular jungle and no symbol?

Somewhere on this forum, in the guides and resources section probably, there is an entire guide to the jungle packs and all the differences. I’m sure with a little digging you could find it!

www.elitefourum.com/t/no-symbol-jungle-packs-indicators/16554/1

There can be light difference in coloration, text thickness, and so on without it meaning much. While the link provided above shows the type of packs I opened that had No Symbols there has also been examples of packs that look similar that did not contain No Symbols.

I’d be curious to see if anyone out there has No Symbol packs that came from a booster box rather than a distributor case so we can compare.

@zap2 , I think you are on the money. I remember 2 years ago, i watched a jungle booster box break and half the cards from the box were no symbol and the other half were normal. It was the craziest thing i had ever seen, but it leads me to believe that it is probably not possible to tell if a particular booster box pack will contain the error cards (see pic below).

2 Likes

Like with Shadowless, there are only indicators, not proof, when it comes to No Symbol Jungle.

The best indicators are:

1. A booster box from a booster case where one of the boxes have been opened and found to contain No Symbol. This is probably a thing of the past by now, but I have seen it happen.

2. A booster pack from a booster box where packs have been opened, containing No Symbol.

EDIT: I should also mention, things like red logo boxes, red logo packs and any pack with 1999-2000 seem to be auto-disqualified.