New Rudy video: WOTC VP FIRED

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvwT_umW_nw

So…how come nobody was fired for mappable sun and moon boxes???

Seriously though, it looks like WOTC is falling apart and this is just indicative of it. If you saw Rudy’s other serious sit down video where he went over Wotc’s earnings, he outlined the fact that despite increase in variety of sealed product that sales went down; that’s horrible.

Anyways, general thoughts on this? I know I’m not the only Rudy fan here. I just hope every public disaster WOTC has made over last couple of years is a lesson to learn for the Pokémon company and Konami (Yugioh).

3 Likes

So this was an interesting topic and I was hoping to learn something about why he VP was fired so I watched and it was literally the first 2.5 min of the video repeated for 14 minutes said in different ways. *sigh*

1 Like

Always happy to see a new Rudy video.

This is only the 2nd time I have started watching one of this guys videos, it’s 2 minutes in and he has said absolutely nothing of substance.

2 Likes

A little food for thought, please don’t take it personally:

1. No official statement from WOTC regarding this. Public list of their board members does not show that they ever had a VP of Production.

2. Even if there is one, and without any evidence to that regard due to ‘legal reasons’, Rudy just assumes he got fired due to cardstock quality. For all we know, guy may have been late to work every single day for the past 6 months.

3. How do we know that nobody was fired for mappable Sun and Moon boxes? Did some bigshot from The Pokemon Company publicly say that no one would be held accountable for the blunder?

1 Like

Of course, but he still has access to information from the inside and from distributors that he talks about publicly in his videos. He likes to ramble and stretch out 3 minutes of actual information into 14 minutes, so I understand why people hate his channel. But I posted it anyways, seeing as people like to be in the loop with big changes in the other TCG’s. A “big if true” story.

1 Like

Can’t speak on all this but regarding having a VP of Prod, they at least had one for the nearly 7 years I dealt with them. Plus, I received emails from a Scott in the last few years who claimed that title I think.

I’ve found this to be the case with nearly every single one of Rudy’s videos that I have ever watched. He says what happened and then goes on and on repeating it for a solid 12-15 minutes to get that ad revenue.

I mean can you blame him? Easy money by acting a bit silly on camera for a bunch of nerds.

3 Likes

I refuse to click on it but since when are companies firing their VPs and regular people are aware of the real reasons? No offense but the firing of an exec involves a lot. We do not know their history, their work ethic and so on…

4 Likes