New Rudy Video on Pokemon

Did anyone catch the new video of Rudy? For those who don’t know Rudy is a big time investor in Magic, but he started to get into pokemon around 2017. I found it interesting he regretted not staying the course and keep investing in Pokemon. Will be interesting how he decides to invest in Pokemon.

1 Like

Rudy is the hero we needed to defeat the coronavirus price drops

3 Likes

Rudy works hard and does a good job. His Pokémon take was off but nobody, except Scott, is always right;)

6 Likes

@bulbyboi Just finished watching it and I always love a Rudy take on this, regardless if hes not widely into pokemon compared to Magic or if his info on the subject may not always be completely on par. But if you really want a good laugh, find the video he made where he opens Burning Shadows booster boxes. That, and when he oddly roasted some magic cards while talking about his pokemon position in another video really gave me a good chuckle.

He’s obviously not as in touch with the hobby as he is with Magic but it’s interesting to see what somebody like Rudy purchases. It’s not far off from what most of us would assume. Any collector is a good collector but I’m sure these types of videos only stoke the flames of “#investor #whatshouldibuy #onthatgrind #idkhowpeopledothat9to5shit

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more :blush:

1 Like

You know it’s at its peak if Rudy is investing

1 Like

Alpha*

1 Like

“The differences in the sensitivity and aggressiveness of the Pokémon message boards and the magic message boards is fascinating”.

:laughing:

3 Likes

“Very surprised”, “silent but deadly uptick in values”.

Having stayed in the hobby somewhat consistently for 20 years I’m not surprised at all with the current values of the cards. If you were involved in Pokemon and the community at any point you’d have seen how organic the interest had been. The market we have today is part of that inevitable outcome. Every year it’s more healthy than its ever been.

7 Likes

just my own opinion/observations

13 Likes

Awesome that he’s into collecting more pokemon sealed product. I noticed his tone for this video in particular is much more low key or mellow also. Maybe regretting the buys after seeing the trade markets this week? lol. Overall really awesome to keep expanding! As for the graph above I really cant wait for the despair!!!

@cosrob, I’ve seen that image before. Its funny because I could make this graph with arbitrary points for every 5 years. There were people arguing the exact same thing when new prices happened in 2013-14. There was a gold star bubble in 2014. The market self regulated and those prices today would be a bargain.

Pokemon is very organic. Collecting is inherently quiet and understated. Most of the whatshouldibuy noise is a loud minority. Every day there are new silent collectors buying cards from my store, and I am just one person. There are hundreds of daily sales with each large business from actual hobbyists.

Basically I’ve heard the same thing since Pokemon’s release. Even if there is some retrace or recession at some point, that is fine. I don’t care where prices go, I won’t stop enjoying the hobby, and I think that is the general sentiment.

tl;dr flippers come and go, collectors never die.

13 Likes

Love it! If this graph could somehow be proved accurate in the next few years I’d even say we are between greed and delusion right now. I don’t think the movements represented on the graph would be nearly as drastic though.

“Follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.”

6 Likes

4 Likes

Cosrob, voice of sanity on this site. Funny how 99.9% of people on here were not investing in Pokémon in 2008 and have ONLY ever been a part of the biggest economic bull run in history. Everyone can talk a big game about “I hope prices drop so I can buy it all up” yeah ok tough guy, keep talking. I have a lot of Pokémon stuff, but I’m not a blind idiot to what is possible and how quickly Pokémon can be crushed in value and liquidity.

1 Like

Very true. It’s funny you mention the “silent collectors”. I recently met this guy and his friend who have been collecting for a long time. I didn’t realize the capacity of their collection until I saw it in person. Easily over 40-50k in PSA cards and sealed WOTC boxes and packs. The craziest part about it? They had ZERO idea that there was an active IG/FB/E4 community focused on Pokémon collecting. Absolutely blew my mind. I kind of regret even introducing to some of the platforms. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Not sure who this is directed towards or what you are trying to say.

5 Likes

Make sure he doesn’t fill himself up on waffles and razzes

1 Like