Card N' All Gaming's video on Pokemon card production

Here is a neat video that goes over a small video clip from a printing company that prints/packs pokemon cards.

20 Likes

Surprised this isn’t getting more attention! Likely the FIRST ever time we’ve gotten to see inside the Pokemon Cards factory on YouTube :blush:

With all ETBs being packed by hand its not a surprise occasionally some have an extra pack, promo missing etc.

3 Likes

This guy is a godsent. I’m by no means an expert but the ignorance I’ve witnessed here about the actual printing process is astonishing.

3 Likes

Wow that was cool to see, and yeah as others have mentioned I can see why ETB sometimes have promos missing. I found it interesting they had a sticker that said customers are loyal to quality.

1 Like

Watched it and very surprised at the level of manual work involved. No wonder production has been slowed they have to do it under strict measures to keep people safe.

4 Likes

Neat!

I’ve been enjoying this guy’s YouTube channel, he’s very transparent about what it’s like being an LGS selling Pokrmon, learned a lot from him.

I watched it and was like “this is why we can’t have PSA 10s.”

6 Likes

same. I thought most everything would be automated.

8:57. Yyyyyyyep.

Maybe, just maybe, that’s only for the QR codes though.

1 Like

For historical purposes here is another video where they show the production… actually of what looks to be unlimited fossil, but only for a split second.

4 Likes

This video really made me feel my age… Hahah

1 Like

Love his channel. Love his insight - top guy!

Also mildly amusing quote from that video, given the time period

“When demand outpaces supply… This box here has tripled in price, in 2 1/2 - 3 weeks”

I didn’t realize that was going on in 1999. Haha

1 Like

Aand another video, figured I’d add them all to this thread. Then anyone looking up things about the production has it all in one place. This one has some production snapshots of vintage around 9 minutes:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_LyYTb8vg

1 Like

I love the part at the end where the interviewer ask a company rep if the product will be worth more than disney, well I would say they are doing good for trying to steal kids money lol.

Here is some other interesting footage from the packing process of Pokémon TCG products from another company:
bpkc.com/products/contract-packaging/