[Video] Pokemon Cards - Start to Finish

Saw this posted recently in discord - this video shares the printing process, QA/QC (good joke), and other parts of creating Pokemon cards

EDIT: this video has been taken down multiple times. Refreshing the link as we come across copies. Current version is sped up with music overlayed

19 Likes

I’ve always wondered what type of machine they use to round the corners. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

This is basically a must-watch for anyone in this hobby

2 Likes

nice

2 Likes

Looks like Pokebeach released an article today: https://www.pokebeach.com/2022/09/internal-tpci-video-showing-how-pokemon-cards-are-designed-and-printed

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

this is pretty incredible stuff - never in my life did i think TPCI would release a video like this

1 Like

10:20 this is why my cards are not PSA 10 :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s cool to see how Ultra Prism was printed, but I’d love to see the footage of factory workers using butter knives to cut sheets for Burning Shadows.

4 Likes

I like the part at the end where TCPI (the ultimate flip rip dipper) is flexing their wearhouse full of ETBs on everyone

1 Like

They show a couple card sheets in there which haven’t changed since the old days 11x11. (Though some before were 11x10)

This should destroy the “different products have different pull rates” narrative and the “individual cards have different pull rates” crowd but people are ignorant and stubborn and maybe cLickS.

…wait, where do they have english TCG vending machines?

Also, pokebeach marked the video as “for kids” haha. Kids these days are such engineering nerds!

Most of the vending machines are around Seattle I think. It hasn’t really spread out of there, and from what I read, they tend to be out of service.

1 Like

After watching the vid:
*Border check tool = there goes the Mint grade
*Long acrylic nails and rings on hands = that’s where those dents come from

:laughing:

2 Likes

Great video, wish to see how they do it in Japan. IDK why but they seem like they are cut way better.

Is there a backup/mirror of the video somewhere? Wanted to show it to a friend, but the video’s gone private now…

I figured this might happen… I actually might have a copy on my work desktop I can check tomorrow

here’s a version if you are ok with unnecessary commentary on top of it

3 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to watch this.

Thanks pfm. I’ll take this. But if you do have the non-commentated one, I’ll gladly take it and save it to my own computer for safekeeping lol.

Tag me again in about 12hrs-18hrs and I’ll see what I can do

1 Like