New Feature: Custom Statuses

I say “new” in the title but the feature has been active for a couple weeks. Just wanted to see who would stumble onto it organically - not many!

This is a free-form way to express something for either a short period of time, or forever. Pop open your avatar and click “Set custom status”

On the menu, you can choose an emoji and you are given a free-form text field. If no emoji is set, a default one will be used: :speech_balloon:

You can also choose how long the status will be up for:

You can set it up to pause notifications:

Feel free to use it how you want:

19 Likes

Nice

1 Like

This is cool

1 Like

I would like to be acknowledged for stumbling upon it organically. I am this forum’s premier internet good boy.

This is a good feature that I like a lot. Sometimes these purely supplemental features end up contributing a lot to forum identity. I look forward to seeing how users use it.

4 Likes

Love this

1 Like

Assertiveness should always be rewarded, I grant you the c0ll3ct0r token

EyeToken

5 Likes

This is what it’s all about, bay-bee!

1 Like

Love this feature. Thanks @pfm!

This is feeling more personalise-able than the old site now. Lovely addition, thanks!

Thanks for always spicing things up.

Unrelated, but how do people get the Pokémon avatars in their post signatures? I see little poke balls too. Not sure if I missed the boat on that feature.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for this feature !

1 Like

This seems so fun

1 Like

Wow great job pfm

With great power comes great responsibility

4 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

Very cool! Thank you for consistently improving the site with all these features

1 Like

This is very fun!

I like it :ok_hand:

Not to be a greedy little piggy, and the recent updates have been amazing. Would there be any possibility to get custom emojis/upload custom emojis in the future?

Would heavily add to the customisable options available. I notice the special tokens are available in the emotes, so hoping this isn’t a full impossibility.

:bunnytoken:

:face_with_peeking_eye: