New Charizard UPC

I just ordered via my phone reading this article

1 Like

Was able to pre-order a couple from the Canadian Pokemon Center site. Took a while to get them into my cart and actually checkout. Here’s hoping they don’t cancel my order. :sweat_smile:

Nice!

I had no chance of ordering these on my PC or phone until I entered incognito mode. I don’t know why that let me add it to my cart, but am glad I tried it cause I was able to order 2 boxes.

I was able to order without an error only after I signed into my account.

Try clearing your browser cookies. I had this issue in the past and that fixed it. If you have your devices synced, you might have to clear them on all the devices.

Shows unavailable for me, looks like I missed the window

1 Like

Can anyone confirm this info?

First and foremost, this product is not nearly as rare as the Celebrations UPC was. We are a very small shop that only received 8 total Celebrations UPCs for our allocation but we are receiving around 200 of the Charizard UPCs.

Most small stores will be receiving 50-100 at minimum, medium sized stores will be getting hundreds, and the very large stores will be getting thousands or even tens of thousands of these. Big box stores (like Walmart, Target, and Gamestop) will also be getting tens of thousands of these each.

There is also a second wave of these releasing later this year with supply numbers roughly equal to the first wave. Pokemon does not want to make the same mistakes they did with Celebrations and this product is being very heavily printed to make sure most people can get one.

Source: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

I can confirm that several small local stores over here are getting 24+, they received like 1-3 celebrations UPC.

2 Likes

I understood also that availability on pokemon center was quite high in duration and supply for the Charizard UPC (max 2 per person) compared to the Celebrations UPC (max 1 per person). There are many reports that a lot of people got the Charizard UPC on Pokemon center in their “second” wave.

With so many pre orders at MSRP (facilitated a lot by gamestop, walmart, (honorable) LGS etc…) and availability on Pokemon center, there will certainly be a huge excess supply at release. My bet is, if not in the first wave (Oct-Nov) , at least in the second wave (Dec-Jan) a race to the bottom will take place when it comes to the UPC prices.

Digressing a bit, this is not a cheap product to scalp or flip (message to scalpers/short term flippers), and surely not an item to keep too long using any credit facilities (e.g. credit card) to acquire it considering decade long high interests on cards (my advice (to scalpers , to be scalpers) going forward, to be careful on your budget and not over extend yourself only to fall in heavy debt…)

Well its from reddit so maybe take it with a grain of salt

Guys, I paid $200 to troll and toad for this box because I didn’t want to wait for second wave and I want to open some cards :sob:

i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this-tiger-king

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s true, but TnT is a real company

2 Likes

ebay is a real company

2 Likes

Sigh

1 Like

Tracking one of these down has been intense! I was able to get 2 of the Celebrations UPCs, but this Charizard UPC no luck. I hate to do it but I’m probably just going to grab one from a scalper around $180.

I’d just wait until it releases, price should go down once people have them on hand and are trying to dump them.

1 Like

I hope so! There was actually just another round that went up on PokemonCenter. Of course I got blocked but hey, at least there’s more going around haha!

Weird. It is in my cart on Pokemon Center, and I can jump between the payment method & shipping info screens, but when I try to actually place the order it errors. Yet it still stays in my cart.

I can’t really complain because I already have a preorder through GameStop. Though I wouldn’t have minded picking up a couple more at MSRP.

From what I’ve read if you keep trying it should eventually go through as long as it’s in your cart.

1 Like