Neo Discovery Poliwrath Holo Varieties

Check out these Poliwrath holo varieties.

Flat Holo

Normal Holo

Double Holo

7 Likes

That’s really interesting. But now I’ve more questions than answers …

• Does this only happen with Unlimited Poliwrath? or this also happen with 1st Edition?
  • Does this happen only in English variant?
  • Does this happen in more English Holo cards?

You have really nice cards. Congrats!!!

1 Like

In my opinion, I don’t think these are errors - they are variants in holo pattern/holo strength. I have neo cards like this; it’s not just poliwrath. It has to do with the process of creating the holo sheet that the card is printed on, specifically the ‘sparkles’ - those offset textured dots on the holo artwork. The machine runs low because the printer head that rasters across the paper to make the sparkles on the holo cardstock has material stick to it towards the end of the print run.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re correct there are variants.
i’ve talked about this on the discord a few years ago.
some are pretty mute/feint almost blending into the artwork more while others have their common rainbow spark.

it’s nothing like the Neo rev holo differences though sady ;(

i’ll attach two examples:

Certainly not errors. :slight_smile: The flat holo is very similar to the missing stars variety we see in Fossil. Perhaps it’s the same sort of print issue.

1 Like

I will say the double holo Poliwrath absolutely pops in person. Equal amount of pop when holding it next to my double holo Neo Rev cards.

The flat and double holo distinctly stand out when grouped with the other Poliwrath that I own. Pretty neat stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like