Need Advice! Resealed PSA Slab - Chansey 1st Edition?

I bought a PSA 8 Chansey from a seller in which the seller specified:

“There is a small scuff at the top middle of the case, this shouldn’t affect the value very much as PSA replacements only cost around $15.”

However when I got the card I noticed it smelled a bit like glue and notice the top right has a glue stain that is hard to remove (super glue? idk), but my main concern is the back side of the card as all 4 corners where the card comes together looks cracked.

I have added picture, I tied to get every angle possibly, if any more pictures needed, let me know!

I can’t exactly tell if the PSA slab was resealed or PSA just put the case on badly. I would be grateful for some insight from members here!

It would help if there’s pictures!

Yes I m putting it up right now through my phone!

1 Like

@definitelynotditto posted pics!

Looks 100% tampered with…:confused:

I would file an Item not described, if the seller is not cooperative.

1 Like

Maybe take a picture of the card too; does the card look remotely an 8? If there’s a crease it’s a big giveaway too.

Pics of the card? Does it look like an 8? If it does indeed meet the requirements of being an 8, does it make sense that someone took their 8, cracked the case, replaced it with another card that basically looks like an 8 and sealed it nicely?

3 Likes

I guess I like to give people benefit of the doubt first :sweat:

But if I got that card I would say it’s 100% tampered and I would immediately file a complaint.

1 Like

Regardless I would send it back, it loks like its been messed with…Too many cracks, glue on the label etc…plus you said it smelt of glue. I wouldnt even bother guessing…file, claim report, send back. (imo, i only own maybe 30 psa cards…not 1 has looked like that or smelt of glue…hugeeee red flag )

1 Like

Here are some picture of the card. I see some scratches on the foil of the card front side, back of the card has 2 stains in the pokeball but overall clean back.

Man, that card looks good, but I would send it back still…The frosting is there on purpose to make it evident that the case has been tampered with, and it really shows in your pictures (especially since it’s cracked everywhere). I would try to get things refunded with seller, and if not cooperative, go with ebay.

^ True dat! I just wouldnt risk it either. The fact you had to ask here is also an indication…that really deep down you know its dodgey.As much as you want to keep it…best to let it free.

100% Not tampered with.
Just a case with problems.

9 Likes

@geg89 @pkmnflyingmaster @definitelynotditto I agree with all of you guys. The case really looks tampered to me. I have yet to come across one like this. I think the card in the case warrants a PSA 8 grade but the PSA case is kinda irritating me. Would PSA even reslab this card?

Side note: I can never tag you properly @definitelynotditto LOL

Damn, seriously? The last picture ptccards have there is a gap between the two plastics though :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Thanks! If its truly just a case problem, I think for my own sanity I should just get it reslabbed I guess. But the cracks on the corner still concern me a bit.

1 Like

The frosting does NOT mean it’s been tampered with.

I would let more experienced PSA graders with that question, since I don’t have experience in reslabbing :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahaha, I guess I am cursed :wink: It’s okay, I check the forums enough to reply quite often.

1 Like

I can’t tell from the pictures, but if the edges aren’t frosted, then the card’s not tampered with. When you crack a PSA case the edges of the holder become a white opaque

I take Gary’s words

What would you do with sorting it? contact psa and tell them their slabbing was “whack yo” please re-do it? Gratuit…S’il Vous Plait

(so many scammers and dodgey things going on, you cant blame us for wondering about its legitimacy ^.^ of course we just wait for a real pro to come in and answer…we are the fluffers for the thread until you arrive :grin:)

1 Like