Need Advice! Resealed PSA Slab - Chansey 1st Edition?

I checked online googling “tampered Psa cases” with similar results to your card, and it is a pretty divided opinion, I assume that it’s due to lack of experience perhaps. People either say:

1. It’s been tampered with, return.
  2. Not been tampered with, just old cases that got knocked around, but should get it reslabbed.*

*Edit: considering yours is a very old case, that’s a possibility

Its just annoying it is in such bad condition and if you do have to send off and pay for it re slabbing…thats a ball ache in itself :slightly_frowning_face: I guess if all contents of the slab are still in perfect psa 8 order …and you are happy keeping. I would re slab it :confused:

I dont know, up to you|! I just like replying to threads to poke my nose, so called help and opinion in for the kicks ;D

1 Like

For it to be a scam, the scammer has to somehow benefit. Looking at the card, it doesn’t make sense that the seller would go though all the trouble of swapping out the card in the case. It’s not something trivial to do. Occam’s razor makes me highly skeptical that something shady has happened here.

And remember, you paid for the card, not the case. If you’re happy with the card itself, send it in to recase or just shed the case entirely and regrade.

Or if you’re really sketched out, just return it. I guess there’s nothing wrong with that if you truly aren’t comfortable with the card.

Is the case actually open enough to slip a card in and out?

I agree with that. It would normally have to make sense to even try. In this case, even without pictures, it just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

@geg89 this is a pain :sob:
@nuttun I guess the frosting may not necessarily consider the case as tampered but the cracks may.

@pkmnflyingmaster and @not Zelda Gilroy I believe your view point of the whole swapping the card from the case makes sense. I truly believe the card should warrant at least psa 7 or 8. I am going to look at the card again if i see any creases etc. Part of me is leaning towards getting it re-cased. I have never done a recasing/ or submission before as I buy lots of PSA cards online! So I guess my question is, do they regrade the card and slab it, or do they just reslab it. And does smprattes service on efour cover recasing of PSA cards?

1 Like

Yes, Scott does recasing for PSA cards :blush:

You’ve got a point :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

thats what the lovely glue smell is for :wink: hehe! Sorrryyy had to say…im going to eat my pasta now! *runs away*

1 Like

Doesn’t look tampered with…but that case is definitely a mess.

It would be disingenuous to return this under the guise of “item not as described” if there were ample pictures provided of the item prior to purchasing and the card itself is intact, so i’d just pony up the few bucks and send it into PSA to get it re-slabbed (the newer slabs are much, much better anyways than these earlier ones) and move on. :blush:

1 Like

Agreed 100%. If you’re happy with the card and you got a good price, I say keep it and get it reslabbed at some point.

2 Likes

Ai, that case is bloody awful! I hope you live in the US and it doesnt cost much to re slab, Iinsurance, postage etc …thats the joy of the UK. Thats why im holding out until I have a bunch of cards to send in using GradedGroudon. I will do a PSA submission aha! #2018NewYearsResolution

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice, support, and insight! I think I will go with a reslab! :blush: Hopefully no problem arise in that route!

@geg89 I do live in US! I will have to check the cost for all this! Im slowly trying to gather some cards and personal favorites for my submission too!

Lucky you ;D Its a tad annoying in the UK due to our more limited supply and available resources for Pokemans collectors, PSA, and special stuff.

Good luck!

1 Like

not tampered. just a shitty old case

My identity has been uncovered! Need to transform!

Transform

3 Likes

Aye! I learned how to figure out ditto’s transformation :stuck_out_tongue: I spoke with the seller and he or she claimed that it was not tampered with; however, mentioned " the case went through alot." Seller feels it should grade as a 9, but honestly I dont think it will. But I guess we can only know if its considered tampered with if PSA doesnt reslab the card? If PSA does somehow deem the case is tampered with, do I have any recourse or can I request them to grade the card instead. Just trying to know my options!

:wink:

Hmm…you do have 30 days after estimated delivery date to file:

“A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller’s return window is longer, within the return window.”

I think Paypal is longer, but I would get on reslabbed as soon as possible!

If you pass the two crucial dates to file a report, then I think your only recourse is to regrade the card :confused:

1 Like

Enjoy the reslab! If anyone has ever broken a card out of one of these… you’d know it would be a lot messier than the one OP posted. These cases are very, very sealed up!

1 Like