Need Advice on an EBay Sale

So just the other day someone hit Buy It Now and paid immediately for an expensive set of sealed booster packs I had listed. I’m excited because now I can go through with something else I’d like to buy. But there is one problem - hence why I’m here… the buyer has zero feedback. I hate selling to buyers with zero feedback due to bad stories I’ve heard. Ive never personally had an issue with them though.

Here’s the scenario: buyer bought and paid for the item. Has zero feedback. The money is in my account. His address says “verified” on the shipment page. It is a Domestic shipment and not international. I have a 300+ rep account with 100% feedback and no issue PayPal account.

Should I go through with the sale? Do I have a choice? What could go wrong? What precautions to take?

I’ve been selling online for years but never had a zero feedback seller on such a high end item ($4k). Makes me nervous. I messaged him and he said he was a real buyer and that he just doesnt use eBay much. I guess I just go through the whole “video every step of the shipment and verify authenticity of the packs on camera as I ship and such” route?

What’s yalls opinions?

treat it the same as any other sale

10 Likes

When it comes to selling things and ending up in situations that make me a bit uneasy, I always take some extra pictures and screenshots during the packing process. In my opinion it’s overkill to shoot videos and it’ll only psych you out more.

Make sure to keep all things like communication with the buyer saved and provide the necessary info such as tracking and you should be alright. It’s normal to be on your guard in these kind of situations, but don’t let that ruin an otherwise perfectly normal transaction.

/edit: Oh, and congrats on the sale! :grin:

2 Likes

Ive had over 2000 sales on ebay and never had an issue with buyers with < 10 rep.

from my experience, low feedback buyers tend to overpay for stuff, maybe due to their inexperience, but I never had someone trying to scam me.

1 Like

I bought an upgraded shadowless charizard from a zero feedback seller if that makes you feel better.

Just send tracked and insured like you might any other sale. Newbies might be even more reliable.

2 Likes

while im sure there are people out there making fictitious accounts to scam sellers, its few and far between and the chances of running into one are minimal. Remember people are more towards leaving negative reviews/feedback/threads than positive because they feel everyone should know. If there were as many positive feedbacks for everything that went right, it would far outweigh the opposite.

1 Like

Like everyone else said treat it the same as any other sale just make sure you put insurance to cover the item you are selling just in case anything happens. I bought a PSA 9 1st ed base mewtwo and the psa case got destroyed during shipping so now the seller that sold me that is most likely going to have to eat that if they didn’t insure it. Everyone has to start somewhere on feedback!

1 Like

Everyone has to start somewhere right? If no one sold to people with 0 feedback then the people with 0 feedback wouldn’t be able to get any feedback. Just my take on it.

Thanks all for the advice the item is shipped and signed for my the receiver.
No issue so far.

One thing I see a lot on this thread is that zero feedback have to start somewhere. I agree with this but maybe they should gain some feedback from transactions less than $4k to start with right? Haha.

5 Likes

That’s true too. However you never know the circumstances. Could be someone that doesn’t use eBay and stumbled upon what you were selling and just had to have it. I don’t know just a scenario I can think of. Remember when you search for something on google , eBay listings come up often. So does this person now lose out on the opportunity to buy something because they need to accumulate 5 or 10 or 20 or however many feedback the seller seems safe , before they can buy a 4K product?

Though I totally understand the concern from a seller stand point. I’d be cautious too! Certainly a tough situation.
I’m glad there’s been no issue so far!