Reason To Delay Shipping? Definitely Scamming.

I purchased a couple hundred dollar card from an eBay seller a couple months ago who is only a province away. Paid immediately, shipping showed a wide approximate delivery date with the max being close to a month from purchase. Card doesn’t show in that time frame so I ask the seller if they actually shipped it. No response for a couple days so I slam the old “did not receive”. He then immediately ships it and adds the tracking information. I received the card and thought maybe he just goofed and forgot to ship it. I recently purchased another card from him and same situation. Is he just hoping people forget about their purchase and/or don’t claim that it didn’t arrive?

This guy took almost a month to ship you a package, even to the point of having to open a case and you purchased from them again??

Whether any of it was intentional or not, idk why you’d be a returning customer.

7 Likes

What does his feedback say about him?

It was a good deal and located in Canada so no worry about duty when it shows up. Not concerned about getting the item or money back as eBay has been there the couple times I needed them to be.

1 Like

Looks like he canceled a winning bid on someone after my purchase. Low feedback but was all positive but one at the time I purchased the 2nd card. Looks like he auctions everything and was just unhappy with the sale price. Maybe delays shipping in hopes that he won’t have to cancel or has run out of cancels?

Looks like a flipper selling his incoming stuff before actualy having it.

2 Likes

Might believe it if it didn’t have his hand in the picture of both.

As someone who has flipped Yugioh stuff like this, you can just use the same photos as the person you bought the item from.

What a scumbagpratte. Bad enough that the original shipping window is set up to a month when he is located in the province next to mine. He waited till the last day of my claim before I could ask eBay to step in then slaps a tracking number on there.

Worst part is I just purchased another copy of this card because I thought he was gonna bail like he did to another recent sale.

eBay ID: youha54 based in Québec, Canada if anyone else would like to block and/or avoid buying from him.

Gonna give eBay a call tomorrow about it.

1 Like

You can still leave a negative feedback and/or return the card. Still sucks you had to go through this.

Definitely a pain that he is holding money hostage.

This issue is why I have a hard time buying from people who don’t have massive amounts of feedback. I feel bad for new businesses who need to start somewhere. Someone needs to be the first to purchase. When it comes to cards I want to collect the risk seems too high. Kudos to you for giving someone a chance and shame on them for giving you a bad experience.

1 Like

Gave them two chances. I agree, people like this make it harder for other low feedback sellers.

I still don’t 100% understand why you would cancel every sale or wait till the end of a case to ship something with tracking. You send the cards anyway but end up with negative feedback and even less people wanting to buy from you in the future. It’s like he runs nothing but auctions but never wants to sell the items for what they end at.

Generally, you really should not worry about buying from low feedback sellers unless there are some obvious sketchy stuff going on with their listings. As is often discussed on these forums, sellers are taking much more risk than buyers on eBay. In my experience low feedback sellers are more likely to add a little “thank you” note and “freebie” cards in their packaging, which makes it feel a little more personal. I would also assume that they care more about satisfying their customers, since any negative feedback will have a much larger impact on a low feedback seller.

Important to note that I’m not worried about getting my money back. I just wanted to share in case holding shipments like this was part of a larger or more elaborate scam. I am now questioning motive as it looks like it isn’t going to get them very far.

There are lots of new sellers who are incredible and go the extra mile. For example, @sofarawayyy who I purchased from recently has a lot of buyer feedback but not so much in the seller department. They went above and beyond with responsiveness, negotiations and even refunded the shipping cost on the two big cards I purchased as a favour without me even asking. They shipped that same day with tracking and the packaging was on point. After the purchase I mentioned that they should make an account on efour because we can’t have enough good people like this.

3 Likes

True but it still feels to me like a roll of the dice and if I have a choice of a seasoned seller vs the new guy I’ll usually purchase from the seasoned seller for piece of mind and to not have to deal with a possible negative situation. I do know buying from seasoned sellers does not rule out the possibility of a negative experience but I think the risk of it is far less. I do feel a sense of guilt over this thinking of the point of view of a new seller but I’m going to do what makes me most comfortable.

Hopefully as I get more involved on E4 and educate myself on trustworthy sellers that are just starting out I can adjust my purchasing prejudices.

1 Like

Hey everyone, how’s it going? I appreciate the kind words. I do agree with you on the point of low feedback sellers being a little sketchy, especially when it’s high value purchases. It’s either they don’t know what they’re doing, or they’re just people looking to scam, and think they can still pull it off nowadays through eBay, which isn’t wise on their end. I’ll admit, I just started selling on eBay myself, and there’s a lot I can improve on, but as long as the customer gets what they ordered safe and sound, and they’re happy, that’s all that matters.