eBay sale

I had a guy buy a card from me this morning for around 350. I got the notification as I left the house and was able to ship within the hour. I notice a message from him after I ship that he wants it held until the 24th because he’s out of town.

I inform him that it is already sent and he responds with “it’ll get returned or stolen.” To which I advise the eBay policy of shipping and all the while I’m trying to be professional but I feel like I’m gonna get screwed here.

What would you guys do in my situation?

Weird. Make sure you followed all procedures, shipped to a PayPal registered address by recorded/signed for mail.

I’d also send eBay the message he sent you, and even ring them up and mention it.

Post the eBay username of the buyer so people here know.

I also don’t think you will get screwed here. He should have let you know about his situation BEFORE the purchase, and so long as you followed eBay protocol, you should be fine.

3 Likes

Tell him to contact the post office and do a mail hold. They hold packages too.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me as well with a card I had for auction. the seller claimed that his address was inactive and asked me to hold the card for them, which I said I couldnt do. Luckily this was caught before I sent it, which I then voided the transaction and refunded the buyer, while giving the listing to the next bidder in line. Ebay took of the relisting charge for me as well, but the hassle of it was quite annoying. Id suggest since its already sent to continue to follow the ebay standards of selling, then contact ebay and inform them of whats going on. You should be safe in the long run here through ebay so long as you have the tracking and the messages sent back and forth regarding the situation. Id also post the users name to inform us of this issue, as im also curious if it was the same buyer who purchased from me (zr12-68 was the user on my end). Granted in my case the seller actually understood my reasons for refunding them and things went smooth, but just to be sure and ensure the safety of other sellers here id say it would be best to let everyone know.

1 Like

That same guy sent me a message as well. I was able to snag it out of the mail before it shipped though. Right now you just have to wait and see if it returns. It should deliver unless there was signature confirmation on it. The buyer should make arrangements for his mail to be collected or held. If for whatever reason it does not deliver call up ebay and call paypal just so that they see everything. You can call them now, but I doubt they will do anything other than note the account.

2 Likes

Weird… This exact same thing happened with me as well today…?

Who is this guy?? lol

Starting to sound like a scam

1 Like

Follow the shipping and it will eventually be returned, its a crap situation tho

1 Like

By chance this user?

1 Like

You can call and cancel the order if you have your order number with you. They hold it and return it to you. Ive done that when i forget to put “signature required” for an expensive package

@zavik, And any other members, post the username(s) of these individuals. I had a buyer do this recently. The scam opportunity is you wait too long and they can open an INR.

In my case they tried to do just that, opened an Item Not Received case on ebay, they immediately lost, as I shipped with tracking. They opened an Item Not Received through paypal, which they also immediately lost. They also went full retard and left negative feedback stating, “the card is fake”. Acknowledging that it arrived… Of course ebay removed that immediately.

Tl;dr block and avoid anyone who pays and wants you to wait and ship. Its an unreasonable level of risk to absorb as a seller.

11 Likes

I posted the user in my post, but the name again was zr12-68. As you said, it was too much risk for me to “hold” the item, so luckily i was able to catch this all before sending it out. Seems to be the new common thing among scammers now, but its good we share this info to protect us from future sales.

1 Like

This is the same user who purchased from me.

Asked me to hold it for two weeks til he’s home to ship.

Just got this

“ New message from: jonandek (766Purple Star)
Hello i was able to have my mail held it is ok. Please do not cancel!”

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if their reading this thread

1 Like

I actually sold a valuable card ($1k+) to “jonandek” a few weeks ago. Initially, they were having an issue with PayPal and requested me to send them another invoice since he was having issues and claimed to have called PayPal and they were having an issue with the transaction. Sounded fishy to me so I made sure the info on the PayPal acct like name, address etc lined up with the info on eBay and it did so went ahead with the transaction and he was able to pay. I even found the guy on Facebook lol and the info there lined up as well. I know of the scam when people will request an invoice for the sale on a PayPal account with another name or address than the one on eBay and can open an item not received claim on whatever platform has the address that the item wasn’t shipped to. Anyways, I sent card with tracking and signature confirmation and it arrived, was signed for, and they left me positive feedback stating the item was as described, thanks or something along those lines. So it was definitely weird and I was being very cautious but it all worked out and no issues as of now. I’d definitely be sketched out if I was you guys though and most likely would’ve just said no, buy the card when you’re back home or put a hold on your mail.

I’d be surprised if someone with this much positive feedback is trying to scam. IMO at least in this case it’s more likely they didn’t realize the inconvenience it might put on sellers to request a shipping hold. That being said, my cards were shipped Sat. and were delivered yesterday, so if I run into any problems I’ll let the board now.

Yeah sketchy as they come. They just want to draw it out long enough to escape the claims. Since eBay settles with the buyer more often than not it hard to win after that. This is why we cant have nice things. When people take the advantage of next day shipping and stain it.

Hey guys. So pretty weird, as I’m reading this a guy just purchased my Shadowless Charizard from me and asked me to delay shipping. Should I just refund and not ship the card?