My Collection - Gus

Hey everyone. I wanted to share my progress with my Dragonair collection. In 2020 all of the Pokemon hype brought me back to collecting. After graduating college and landing a job with a solid salary, I’m finally able to pick up (almost) everything I wanted a few years ago before starting college.

Dragonair is my favourite Pokemon, so it was a no brainer to pick up a copy of the base set artwork. It perfectly illustrates how I envision Dragonair, mystical and graceful.

Only one copy became two, and two three and so on. Now I find myself checking recently posted listings on eBay every couple of nights to find more. I didn’t plan to get this many but I can’t seem to stop myself. In fact, this habit continues to slow the progress of my binder collections.

Unfortunately, my grey stamp copy sold on eBay for 2k a couple of months ago. I just wanted to flex it and figured that was way above market, but someone bought it and paid when I was asleep. I felt really bad when I dropped it off at the post office, so that is a lesson learned I guess.

The Trainers Magazine set as a trio beats the base set artwork though and I was glad to pick the set up last year for a good price.

Anyways, if anyone wants to contribute to this habit I’m more than happy to pick up more copies. Paying around last sold prices.

44 Likes

very cool!

1 Like

I do love Dragonair very cool. I’ve got a Dragonite error card. If you scroll down to the last pic its a special close up. :wink: imgur.com/a/d91KJ09

1 Like

Base set dragonair is one of the best card!

2 Likes

Definitely one of the best Base Set artworks. Awesome collection you got here!

2 Likes

Dragonair is the best Base set art! Abra is up there as well, but Dragonair is simply stunning!

2 Likes

The Dratini evo line has always been one of the coolest

2 Likes

Awesome collection, Dragonair is one of my favorite Pokemon!

1 Like

The Trainer Mags are my favorite ones! We must see more!

2 Likes

Look at all the dragon noodles! You have to get the posable dragonair plush from the Pokecenter, he’s quite pricey but so much fun

2 Likes

I opened this expecting the base set cards on top, but was pleased to see those T-Promos! Very nice!

2 Likes

The Trainers Magazine Vol. 19 Promos are some of the best works of Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite. Kouki Saitou really did a phenomenal job. Awesome collection!

7 Likes

Base set Dragonair is one of those cards I could collect an infinite amount of and never get tired of it. Beautiful cards, very nice collection!

2 Likes

Picked up another one of my favourite Dragonair artworks. I was debating whether or not I would look for a high-grade copy but opted to save myself a lot of money.

13 Likes

A like is NOT sufficient (Plus, I’m out of 'em). That is a Gorgeous card! and love the CGC slab with it too. Mad Congrats!

1 Like

I’ve decided to post some other neat parts of my collection on here as well. Here is a pickup from February of this year. The seller turned out to be a forum member; we had a great conversation about our interests and still chat once in a while about our collections.

I’ve debated cracking this and sending it over to PSA in the hopes of it crossing to a 9. If anyone has any thoughts on that please let me know :slight_smile: I don’t really like the Beckett cases.

19 Likes

Beautiful card, I haven’t seen many of these. As for crossover 8.5 surface makes me think there’s some minor scratches, of course I can’t see the back but old Japanese backs don’t whiten as easily. The downside is the old Japanese backs are pretty supple, so dents and scratches are fairly common. I’d think you could cross it over to a PSA 9 as a BGS 9 if not at first then in a couple attempts without further info, but I could give you a much better idea with more details on the condition.

1 Like

That Trainers Magazine set is stunning. Wow. Saitou’s art blows my mind.

1 Like

This is so awesome! Such an underrated base set rare!

2 Likes

The case is horribly scratched up and I haven’t taken PlastX to it yet, but here is the only whitening on the back of the card. I feel like I have owned worse PSA 9’s but without cracking the case to inspect, I can’t be certain.

1 Like