Most Unusual Card Art

Hey all,

Title pretty much explains the whole question. What is the weirdest card art that always catches your eye?
For me ittl have to be all of the extra rule cards from the vending series. The simple yet odd way of drawing the children has always caught my eye.

Deck Exchange
Deck Exchange

6 Likes

Basically anything by Komiya. Yeah I said it.

16 Likes

These two are my absolute favourites for weird art. Not just because of being unconventional, but because there is so much going on throughout the entire card both in the pictures and the text.

1. Ooyama’s Pikachu

2. Imakuni’s PC

2 Likes

Nice topic! I wanted to make a similar thread, but focussing on the whole card layout, not only the art. Here are the really unique cards I have so far:

1. Fruit Roll Gold Border Meowth (has literally golden borders)

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_food_products#Pok.C3.A9mon_Rolls

2. Trade Please! (has a holofoil back)

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade_Please!_(Trade_Please_promo)

3. Lenticular Sky-Splitting Deoxys
    I’ll just link this video, as pictures don’t do it justice: Opening a Pokemon VS Space Fissure's Deoxys Half Deck - YouTube

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Movie_Commemoration_VS_Pack:_Sky-Splitting_Deoxys_(TCG)

1. Ancient Mew (We all know it already, but it is still unique as heck!)

And then there are of course some abominations with real people in the artwork…

like PokeDude

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Dude_(Fan_Club_promo)

or M Sachiko Ex

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M_Sachiko-EX_(XY-P_Promo_298)

or Battle Road trophies (these are for Elite four 2002 & No. 2 2001).

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elite_Four_Trainer_(Battle_Road_Summer_2002_finals_promo)
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/No.2_Trainer_(Pokémon_Card_Game_Official_Tournament_promo)#Release_information

I guess I really have a thing for ugly and unique cards…

9 Likes

I NeEd that m sachiko ex…I can not believe how expensive it is now! grrr why didnt i buy it when it first came out $40-60 then i think.

Its never been that price

3 Likes

@pokemonunboxing is indeed right, it’s limited to just 100 copies, and when it was released it was already selling for over 20,000 Japanese Yen (~180 USD). I haven’t kept up with its prices, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s at 1.5-3.5k USD in today’s market, similar as the Art Academy cards which were also 150-300 USD in the first halve year, and are 1.5-4k USD in today’s market (depending on which one it is)…

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hmmm I thought i saw it at that price, guess i was mistaken. May have been a similar but different promo.

I have always thought Hypno to be pretty unusual but this Hypno/Clefairy duo cards from Breakpoint take it to the next level:

Edit: Just realized this is a Komiya card too. XD

4 Likes