Mitsuhiro Arita Signing at Ocala Comic-Con 2022

this looks like the ink transferred onto the sleeve or something. it looks so bad

1 Like

Flipper mantra: Anything but get a job.

11 Likes

Its probably because that card is textured

Remember 3 weeks ago when I thought this was just a joke? We were all so young.

5 Likes

A new one popped up with todays date

1 Like

Apparently that person is selling Arita signed Funkos too

1 Like

Is this really true? I feel terrible for Arita.

This is getting out of control. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Hello smpratte, just curious whether you are considering doing a follow up on your previous video on signed cards (6 days ago). Big fan of your content.

1 Like

Yes! I’ve received a ton of questions asking to do another video. I already have an unrelated video scheduled for tomorrow, but will try and record a signing video this week for next Monday!

8 Likes

Appauling behaviour if this is true. Incidents like this will discourage artists from returning in the future.

Was at Oslo earlier in the week and he was treated very well there by both staff and attendees by the looks of it, so some positives at least.

5 Likes

I don’t think people fully comprehend that future signing events as a a whole are not guaranteed opportunities. Every story like this, we inch closer from having the privilege of these opportunities snapped away forever

12 Likes

Since all i am seeing is negativity on the signings i figured i would post something positive. I had a great time at the Arita event and here are my signed cards.

https://imgur.com/a/aJ4UeXV

Hope others were able to have a positive experience as well.

5 Likes

how did you ask him to make the " to someone" on japanese? looks very cool

Looks like it says “to rei” (Ray, I’m guessing). Japanese is their primary language so most are fine doing it in Japanese if you request it. I got to “スコット” (Sukotto) from a few different artists

He asked if i would like my name in Japanese or English. For the Japanese cards are stuck with Japanese and English the same.

He spent a nice amount of time with me and was taking his time with signatures. It even had a picture taken with him. Was a great experience.

5 Likes

He seems very nice! I am going in 2 weeks to france to an event where he will be also signing!
Did you have prepare a sheet with how you wanted it? I think i will ask him to make the name in japanese but his signature in english, I dont know if that would be possible

At Ocala, someone from his team prepped your cards prior to getting to Arita. It’s all very simple. He will then ask for any clarification before signing. For example him asking if i wanted everything in Japanese on the dragonite.

2 Likes

I sympathize with those who are being overwhelming to Arita. There is not much opportunity to get a signing and the money can be significant. I can see how excitement gets the better of you.

But you need to respect the artists and the other people. Most of us are pushing 30 and this should go without saying. Sigh I hate to say it but there is something about Pokemon that doesn’t grow up well. Like rock music. I go to concerts and there people who are 70 and are clearly stuck in 1970.

4 Likes

Thank you! And also, was it 3 cards per person, 1 of them being a headsketch as it was in the oslo event? And if you queued again do you know if he would headsketch the 2 he signed already in your previous turn, added to the cards from your actual turn?
The event I am going to is 3cards 1 of them headsketched, but they didnt clarify yet about the second part, someone from the event organizer told me “maybe that will be up to arita”