Mitsuhiro Arita Experience - Milan Cartoomics March 3-5 2017

@hazard24 haha it’s all good! Trust me, when you live in Orlando, FL those towns are equally as faraway and in the middle of nowhere lol.

2 Likes

Finally I framed some goodies :blush:

If someone is wondering where does that piece of paper with the Kanji signature and the occidental signature at the top come from… It was just a tip we put on the artist’s table, to ease people in the choice of the signature language.
I think it is visibile in the second Youtube video I linked in the main post (EX Dragon Charizard drawing)…
I thought it was perfect as the ‘‘title’’ for this patchwork :blush:

9 Likes

Very nice job. Love it:)

1 Like

Wow!!! I’m over here like…

1 Like

Amazing. Just read the whole thing. Wish I had a signed Chinese Charizard :confused:

1 Like

Also I noticed fredrickstoise was there…don’t say he had his korean no rarity signed!?

Korean no rarity :joy::stuck_out_tongue:
No he didnt get it signed tho…
Better to keep it away from me :joy:

1 Like

Oh. Photobucked destroyed this thread.RIP

4 Likes

This is not the only amazing thread it destroyed. Some amazing articles we have now lack pictures. :sob: :angry:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Id recommend uploading your images to imgur.

@quuador Let me know which Articles need their photos updated, and I can try and fix them if I can source the original images.

1 Like

Personally I use postimages.org/, and sometimes imgur indeed.

Went to all the articles mentioned in the index and these are the ones with missing pictures:

I see someone has fixed the Ancient Mew - Version Differences recently. Whoever did, nice job!

I noticed that when you go directly to the PhotoBucket link of the image, it sometimes (not always though) shows up. So you could save them to your local PC and re-upload them to imgur or another image hosting website.

Greetz,
Quuador

Wonderful. I’ll have to go source all those pics. Haha

1 Like

I still have them all tho

1 Like

Third print and Trainer Deck articles are on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Very interesting–thank you for sharing, sir!

And re: Cubone

Are you sure nothing got lost in translation? (I mean that figuratively; I know Arita speaks English, and I’m not assuming you don’t speak Japanese.) If I recall correctly, per Mr. Fuji, the Marowak in the Pokémon Tower is the ghost of the deceased mother of a Cubone. Another Cubone coincidentally also lost its mother? (Well, on the mother-skull theory, all Cubones lose their mothers and take their skulls, because all Cubones wear skulls?) That seems implausible.

Also, I agree there’s a rough resemblance between the three Pokémon (although I also see significant differences between the baby Kangaskhan in the pouch and Cubone). And I’m aware of the coding connection with respect to Missingno (but that connection seems to suggest that there might have been a connection between the three Pokémon, not that there is a connection).

Finally–and this is more a metaphysical question about artistic interpretation–suppose Arita did draw a sad Cubone because, in Arita’s interpretation, it lost its Kanghaskhan mother. Is what Arita thinks about Cubone’s history Cubone’s history?

Just some thoughts! lol

Fun that he took the time to complete full drawings!

At signings for other hobbies, you get the signature that takes like 2 seconds, and that is it.

Arita’s signings were the most generous I have ever witnessed. His signing prices were stupid low, and the time he put into the signings is above and beyond. I wonder how frequently he will do them moving forward.

There is no other Cubone :stuck_out_tongue: There is one Cubone who lost his mother indeed, as we know because of the ghost Marowak. That Cubone grew up alone, with a different lifestyle, had to adapt to a new environment etc, and eventually became a new species : a Kangaskhan. With the pain that he felt when he lost his mom, he evolved in a way that he could always protect his kid, I guess.

What Arita told me is not his interpretation, it is what The Pokémon Company told him about the Pokémon, and it is the reason why he drew this sad Cubone looking at the stars.

2 Likes

+1 to this. He genuinely seems to love signing memorabilia for his fans (which is refreshing). I have been to several comic cons where I was getting signatures from some pop culture icons and you could tell they did not want to be sitting there. Sometimes you spend a fortune on their signatures and they do not even look up from the item while signing to say hello.

I can’t wait to go to another signing of his.

Now if I could only get a Sugamori signature…

1 Like

Thats gangster