Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution

The official Japanese Pokémon Youtube account has released a trailer of the upcoming CG remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back. The video gives a glimpse of the new style that the remake has. Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution will be released in Japan come July 12th.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTBieAEGrf8

The film was announced on New Year’s Day with a short teaser on Youtube. A tweet from the official Pokémon account indicates that international details about the film will be released soon. Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution will be released in Japan on July 12th. According to IMDB, the film will be released on November 17 in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States.

7 Likes

There are a few funny comments on the trailer like “didn’t know they were still making PS2 games.” I agree that the CG looks dated and odd at first glance, but I’m willing to withhold judgement until it comes out.

3 Likes

im so in on this.

The pokemon look great, but the humans will take time to get used to.

brocks hair

They’ve definitely gone for the stylised option over HD/4K everything,

Bit like how borderlands graphics will never get old as it’s stylised,

IF that makes sense to anyone :grin:

My kids and I = MEGA HYPED.

You think we will get promo cards at the theatre? New Ancient mew card?
I know for a fact I’m exited about both new Pokémon movies. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Just watch, there will be a new Ancient Mew…

Illustrated by 5ban Graphics

3 Likes

Can’t wait to watch it, sure to hit right in the nostalgia, would be extra sweet if they hand out ancient new cards :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please, please, please include M2M in the soundtrack again!

Talking about nostalgia…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBJv1YgxnLo

This brings back memories, I was the first person out of all my friends to get this movie on VHS (i never got to see it in theatres). I begged my mom to get it for me at Canadian tire.

I will be watching it for sure.

1 Like

A modern Ancient Mew, that would be amazing!

2 Likes

It was the second screening of the (release) day. Had a fat guy sitting next to me, decked out in full Pokemon gear, a Charmander in one and a dozen of Promo Cards in the other hand. He told me that he had already seen the Movie an hour earlier and would watch it two more times that day.

He also claimed, that he had seen the Movie weeks earlier in Japan (more than once of course), he showed me some japanese cards (or atleast I presumed they were japanese) to prove, that he was in Japan.

I’m not sure what I remember more, the guy or the movie :face_with_spiral_eyes:

The trailer looks solid, will definitely watch.

3 Likes

Now if only Nintendo would hire the original cast to voice the english version… that would be nostalgic ;(

1 Like