Member Artwork

YokedSquirtle

9 Likes

Happened to me with Palkia. Never seen so much shaft for an uber to be shafted to redundancy in its tier. For empathy that trio does have a loose Giger influence so thereā€™s that.

I didnā€™t make this but it means a lot to me so iā€™m posting it anyway.
My best friend who works in art and video game design digitally painted this for me as a birthday gift, I have the printed copy up in my room. I use the image for all my pokemon stuff.

12 Likes

Does Graphic Design count ? Probably going to turn these into t shirts and release them. I was heavily inspired by the Gameboy sector of PokĆ©mon. And of course the early days of Satoshi and Sugimori. Donā€™t steal my photos :blush:. ( will delete if not allowed )

10 Likes

This whole thread is really, really impressive. Love seeing everyone sport their inner talents!

2 Likes

Talents? Nah. My talents been burned out of my soul many years ago. After every single person, including my art teacher, said I had no talent. After getting refused for the third time to get into graphical design school I never really drawn anything any more. My creative candle been dipped under water to put out the fire and crushed afterwards to make sure the candle would never burn again.
My secret Santa art is all nothing more me than me tracing lines and coloring them in like a 5yr old.

2 Likes

I can relate similarly in having others opinions and criticisms take down something you enjoy. I used to draw a lot as a kid but was out shun by many whom had things negative to say about it, as well as being a writer of sorts to a degree where others words and my own doubts began to overlook the things i once truly enjoyed.

Ultimately though, at the end of the day ā€œtalentā€ to me is showing an inner piece of yourself to the world no matter how subjectively ā€œgoodā€ something might be, and that alone is honorable and should be cherished. No matter what that may entail, I still find whenever one does these things it can be appreciated with judgement aside. I still write on occasion, but drawing I havent done in some time now. However after this thread, I might try to sketch something out for fun!

That being said, I bet your Secret Santa art is great regardless and try not to let external things get you down. If you do something and tried your best, thats what matters most and ill give it recognition. :blush:

2 Likes

@genosha , be gentle with yourself! As an artist myself I say, just draw/creative whatever you enjoy. I often find making things for others (like your secret Santa drawings) I great way into an old hobby.

@dizzle24, , Glad you enjoy the thread! and Great advice above ^^. Would love to see some sketches or anything if you get back into it!

@dbruze, graphic design counts for sure! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I just wanted to say each and everyone of you are amazing artists! Be very proud. So many talented drawings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Loving this thread rn! I encourage all members who draw to contribute to this thread as it will be nice to scroll through for everyone during lockdown.

2 Likes

Recent collages that have included some old Sandylion Pokemon stickers. Enjoy!

1 Like

My latest one, I tried messing around with charcoal and pastels! Itā€™s quite nice to have time to experiment with different art mediums :grin:

5 Likes

Magikarp :3

12 Likes

Love it! You really captured the confused magikarp look well :smiley:

Drew this two weeks ago. Glad to see an art sharing thread!

11 Likes

Fantastic work! Have you got any more to share? :blush:

I can share some more soon.

Hereā€™s some more work

14 Likes

This is some great work. Very talented artist.

very accurate! but were you drawing on the asphalt in a parking lot? the lines got them shakesā€¦