Master Set Lists (Exhaustive)

Hey all,

Been really digging into capturing all cards from every (English - so far) set, including variants (i.e. dot codes in EX era sets), promo cards and errors (although I tend not to consider a handful of non repetitious ink/printing issues in that category).

@zorloth has been a godsend for me on a small handful of the EX Era sets and I thought I’d broadcast to the larger community to see if they have a thorough and similar type of list for any/all other sets?

Thanks all!

1 Like

Hello! I’m currently developing a spreadsheet for English Master sets! While this is still a big work in progress, and I’m hoping to have it ready for others to use soon! :grin: This is how I plan to keep track of my master set progress! Right now I’ve taken card lists straight from Bulbapedia and inputted information up until Unified Minds. Since it’s all Bulbapedia it doesn’t have that extra fancy step of research, but I plan on updating the sheet as I learn more about new cards and variants!

If you want to see examples of working sets, you can check out Skyridge and EX Dragon Frontiers! The percentages have not been calculated for other sets.

Right now I have a column for standard sets and master sets. I’ll be adding to add a third column for master set + variants. Some variants will not count towards the total, and those are noted (Like Pre-Release Raichu lol)

Here’s the current spreadsheet

If you have any suggestions or questions about the spreadsheet, please let me know! Please let me know if you’re interested, and when I have “Version 1” available and I’ll be sure to let you know!

2 Likes

Awesome stuff! Some things you could consider adding:

• World Championship deck variants. They have the set symbol, so they should be part of the master set, IMO.
  • Errors – my RS/SS/DR setlist sheet has the errors for those sets if you wanted to know all of them. There are also quite a few other errors, for instance the Gastly/Magikarp rarity error + corrected versions.
  • Dot code variants – also part of master sets
  • Copyright variants – there are tons of these (for cards that were reprinted in theme decks with their original set symbols, as well as for Battle Stadium reprints)

Agree great stuff -

Some other things potentially. Base set ‘1999-2000’ as another variant.

Bulbapedia is a great starting source but I imagine some of the hardcore people here (Zorloth included) can think of even more true variants like the examples he gave above. Love the Dot Code Variants as well as the ‘No e-Reader’ copyright variants.

1 Like

Thanks, @mitchandrsn, and @zorloth, I appreciate it!

I definitely want to comb through the World Championship decks, I agree! I’ve always counted them towards a master set. I’ll definitely take a look at your RS/SS/DR lists! Thank you for putting those together!

I’m using Bulbapedia as a good starting foundation, then I can build on that with more research and all the awesome variants you mentioned!!!

1 Like