Massive Stock of 5000x Unseen Forces Gold Stars Found

Ouch…remind me to never deal with you lol.

You’re right though. With younger people today that is of little concern. It’s less “point of view” and more generational.

I’d never be mean to you Bags;)

I also contacted the seller when he first posted the thread looking for a buyer. I was interested in buying 1 of each until I re-read the extra $35 shipping he required. Now before I spend any money on a single ultra rare I always want to know their exact condition. He told me he wasn’t going to bother to check if they’re mint or not because he would of sent them all to PSA himself. Which is understandable since he has so many. But, anyone else here feels like us collectors have been over paying, while searching high and low for just one of these that are actually near mint with the low chance of getting a mint one?

The situation with increasingly hard to find Gem Mint cards was discussed quite a bit here recently: www.elitefourum.com/t/will-the-psa-bubble-burst-for-pokemon/12037/1

There are some really good posts in there.

This seller sounds more and more douchey… Lol

Thanks for re-directing!

I imagine from his perspective everyone is going to be asking for a Mint copy. He’s going to have to search through all of them every time. People will always pay more to find a Mint copy of anything be it pokemon, sports cards, MTG, coins or comics. Condition and rarity drives prices. Yes the gold stars have gone up in price recently due to their popularity. The original price he was offering wasn’t bad even with the shipping. I’ve sold raw/ungraded Unseen forces gold stars for 55 to 60 on ebay. You were paying $30 to 35 plus 35 shipping. The total would have come out to $125 now compared to ebay prices you’d pay closer to 175.

I recognize your user name from the pokemon subreddit and no disrepsect to them but they are very very cheap there. They prefer to pay way below ebay or whatever website they get their prices from. BTW welcome to UPCCC.

He edited all his replies on the video.

1 Like

To clear up the sellers shipping cost he charges $35 shipping wether you wanted 1 or 50. He’s the guy I bought pop 5 packs from and now he’s currently out as I bought his remaining stock a few weeks ago. He charge me $35 to ship 100 pop 5 packs because that’s the starting price for international shipping/tracking (similar to UPS vs USPS which USPS doesn’t track outside the US). He had a dispute a while back where he lost the case to paypal because he used regular /first class international style shipping (the lowest class of international with tracking). He’d much rather charge higher shipping to the US and be covered then have a repeat of losing a case.

He’s actually not a bad guy and people seem to be misunderstanding the situation. Now looking at the shipping cost if you buying say 500 gold stars and he charge you just over $35 you wouldn’t be complaining. Also the price of $140,000 makes sense because when you look at the original post on reddit he was selling them at $28 when you bought over 500 or 1,000 (too lazy to look) and so if you times 5000 x 28 you get $140,000. Adding 110,000 to the 35,000 initial offer brought the asking price to what he was charging.

The supply will beat the demand in this case but if you managed to sell 1/2 of those gold stars at $50 you’d be close to original investment. It would take awhile to sell these and still get $50 but assuming he paid less than half of the $140,000 asking price. Regardless he is still looking at making a decent profit regardless of what he does.

I definately understand where he’s coming from since he has so many seaching through that much inventory would take a long time and his prices weren’t bad or anything. Only thing I’m wary with buying from outside of the US is it’s a pain to go through the process if something concerning the cards comes up. But, in the meantime going back to searching for auction deals.

Haha thanks! I honestly didn’t know about UPCCC till now feels like I’ve been missing out.

Now he seems alright haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I kind of want to post this video on Virbank to watch them all go nuts…
LOL

I wonder how many he could have moved if he listed them as “buy it now” on eBay at $5 under average market value? Are there enough collectors out there interested in gold stars to absorb this many? I doubt it.

Yes. I think there are many collectors who want them but cannot afford some of the prices who would come into play. Not to mention other collectors who would gladly buy multiples at that price point.

Should I post it? Who knows this may be the big awakening to allow us to buy gold stars cheap!~

It’s been on Virbank for almost 5 hours. Haha

1 Like

Offering up the truth may help a lot of people but I may remove his name if you know how?

Im sure this guy just threw a high ball to get a lousy offer like 35k out of his way. Think about it, he would have spent more to acquire this lot than that in the first place

Ending about a month ago someone was selling sets of three for $100 obo. Any chance it was the same guy?

On ebay that is