Ludkins UK Middleman Service Bankrupt?

Same. The reason I didn’t is because I wanted to save them the transaction fees :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

3 Likes

Same for me! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

:sob: we both got duped, agreed?

7 Likes

Unfortunately yes :disappointed: but I think we had fair reason to believe it would be ok with Ludkins recently being announced as PSA UK. I also sent a £1000 submission in July/August which came back fine just glad I haven’t lost that much this time. Looks like I will have to contact citizens advice

1 Like

100% this. I chatted with him a fair bit at worlds and felt like it was a fresh start. I kept thinking “it’ll be fine… he middle maxmoefoe’s Gyarados!” :headstone:

Also the way PSA deprioritised middlemen orders for so long meant I had more goodwill towards middlemen than PSA.

Lessons have been learned :rofl:

1 Like

Exactly! As you say lesson learnt. I think I will most likely just submit directly now to avoid anything like this in future. Not worth the worry/stress!

1 Like

You got a 2022 sub back? When did it come back? I sent off in July August too but never got anything back!

I did but I think it was sent on the premium service level which is why I got it back in time. It was one high end card so probably went in its own.

Got it back early September and I picked it up in person.

Ah okay, thanks mate!

1 Like

re phone your bank and tell them you have been scammed its not too far from the truth you got to know how to play the system, i did it with a dodgy website once who were selling cheap booster boxs

How is this not a scam? You were promised a service for money, you paid, the service wasn’t done. That sounds like a scam to me?

4 Likes

A few people have recommended my How to Grade with CGC video. I took some time yesterday to make an updated one to help people with how to grade with PSA. It contains a bit more information than the CGC one with some examples on how to package, cover off insurance etc.

Hopefully people here find it helpful.

8 Likes

I am currently going through the process of a small claims court case and I thought I would share something that is turning out to be quite important:

Ludkins released this statement about running as Anthos One LTD, but have since deleted it:

"There has been speculation circulating that Ludkins Collectables is closing down, this is 100% not true. Ludkins Collectables is not going anywhere!

In 2016, Ludkins LTD was formed to house our Online TCG Marketplace and to buy and sell trading cards. After a couple of years of trial and error, we decided to not proceed. Instead of making that company dormant, we decided to close it down as it’s no longer needed.

Rest assured that our contract with PSA is with Anthos One LTD."

It was posted on their instagram and facebook pages originally. The link is now dead (https://www.instagram.com/p/CRogMFQFr8B/)

Hope this helps anyone else going down the legal route.

3 Likes

Curious whenever you proceed with your case if they will disclose who owns all the phoenix companies. It’s odd to have so many business names for one failed service.

6 Likes

3 weeks since PSA‘s 1st and only announcement. It feels like in „old“ days: They only react when the public gets loud on all social channels.

I am pretty sure if nobody would have complained on insta etc. about the situation with Ludkins, still nothing would have happened. And it again feels like this is needed to get an update by PSA.

I mean, come on… we don‘t expect a certain deadline when we will get cards back but at least sth like „we have received XX forms…now we are doing this…it will roughly take XX months…“

2 Likes

Yeh communication is key, it’s not hard to give people updates and would help people feel happier the situation is moving towards a resolution.

they are yet to tell me if they even have my cards or not im in true limbo here, did ludkins steal my cards or do PSA still have them, the only reply i got was a generic copy paste a few weeks ago that we all got, if i ever get my cards back i will never use PSA again on principle of bad customer service

1 Like

I will let you know what happens. Ludkins have until the 12th of December to respond and they are yet to do so. If they don’t I believe the UK courts step in directly to handle the case.

It’s easy to find out.

UK Companies House has filings for companies - if you know someones name, company name etc you can find every company they are affiliated with.

CollectablePower (IG handle, too) do a middleman service but unsure whether I should even consider such a route ~