Logan Paul Latest Confirmed Purchase

2 Likes

The premium is not just the tape. If you open one box and itā€™s legit, all the other boxes in the case become the most credibly legitimate boxes in the world. Surely thatā€™s worth something?

8 Likes

Did we ever get confirmation of where the Ebay seller got the box? Last I remember he told different people different stories.

2 Likes

Genuinely asking, how can BCE authenticate this case without opening it?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about the biggest ā€œifā€ in Pokemon collecting thoughā€¦

1 Like

True. If anything, 3.5 million is surprisingly modest for an authentic case bought by a professional attention seeker, if it is indeed authentic. How many of these are left in the world, 3-4 at most? Of which this is the only one to be for sale since the dawn of time?

They canā€™t.

2 Likes

If thereā€™s a problem then this is at a level that could be handled in court

2 Likes

Do people in the United States actually admire Logan Paul?

Here in Japan, he is recognized for exactly what he is.

18 Likes

Thereā€™s a couple ways and those boxes were checked prior to being boxed by the BCE boys. I just wished I had the same info 20 years ago when I half cracked a case:( I can authenticate a sealed 1st base case in person free for friends;)

1 Like

I suppose the tape leaves a chemical residue on the cardboard when it is removed. If someone were to reseal the case it is highly unlikely they would line the fresh tape up exactly where the previous tape was. Assuming the tape is the same width as the original piece then a misaligned reseal would leave a bit of the original tapeā€™s residue exposed on one side. An authenticator might be able to detect this residue, if it exists, and identify a case as a reseal on those grounds. Whether or not BCE took it to this level is another matter.

I admire his work ethic, and there is no question he has matured exponentially since the whole Japan incident (which I know was obviously a mistake that 99 percent of people would never make).

But as far as people in the United States admiring him as a person? Thatā€™s probably just younger kids who grew up watching his vlogs (although ironically, his content isnā€™t even geared toward kids anymore).

3 Likes

He made a HUGE mistake in Japan 4 or 5 years ago. I think he was 21. No wonder most Japanese hate him.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think admire is the right word. Heā€™s just one of countless celebrities in the US. Not admired or despised. Just another voice in the airwaves.

6 Likes

Im in canada but generally i dont and my friends dont care about him. If he does any good things i would somewhat doubt the motivation behind it, if he does bad i would not be surprised. I hope well for him like i would any person no matter what, but i dont think he is any more important than anyone else. How heā€™s so special for to some people is a mystery to me.

1 Like

I wonder if heā€™s buying these to open for the 50th anniversary. Like, what if this purchase is part of a master plan. Guy has an eye on the future.

Iā€™m counting down the days until that bigger purchase is announced.

1 Like

Logan was like all those early YouTubers who thought they would be in their teens and twenties for their rest of their lives and just did a stream of stupid stuff without consequence. Turns out you actually get older and have to mature which I think he has suitably done. I donā€™t think anyone in Japan even knows who he is now to be honest.

1 Like

The physical cardboard box and tape are probably legit and were once an actual case but I donā€™t trust the current contents

1 Like

Yeah, this just seems WAY too easy to counterfeit. There have been some really convincing booster box reseals, and this would be even easier to pull off. Does anyone know the provenance on this case?

1 Like

As far as I know the provenance trail is a $72k sale last March? At least according to the above link - that case has the exact same number printed on it. I would assume it only sold that low at the time because no one trusted the low feedback ebay seller (probably for good reason).

1 Like