Let's Play a Game! - Card Connections

No matter the kind of collector you are, the cards in your collection likely share some kind of connection. Some of these connections are obvious and core to the collection itself; cards that come from the same set, were illustrated by the same artist, or feature a specific Pokémon. Other connections can be obscure and incidental, and stumbling upon them can be fun - so why not turn it into a game?

Find a card that is in some way connected to the last card posted in the thread. Make sure to explain the connection in your post!

Example Connection 1

Spinarak (PGO#006) and Numel (PGO#013) both featured on stickers obscuring Ditto (PGO#053).

Example Connection 2

Tynamo (VIV#057) and Dewott (ASR#042) are set in the same location, and the latter features the former in its art.

Let’s see how long we can keep the chain of connection going!

I’ll kick things off with Sekio’s Stufful from Sun & Moon: Burning Shadows:

9 Likes

Sounds fun, hope I’m doing this right!
This Litwick was also illustrated by Sekio and both were Pokémon featured on Community Days in Pokémon Go this year.

3 Likes

@SeasidePokemon That’s exactly the kind of fun connection I was looking for! :sparkling_heart:

Just to get things warmed up, I’ll continue the chain with one of my other favorite artists;

Sekio’s Litwick and Yuka Morii’s Pumpkaboo were both featured in this year’s Trick or Trade Halloween mini-set. Look at that adorable Pumpkin Pikachu logo! A Pumpkaboo with a Pumpkachu!

4 Likes

Then I’ll go with this Inkay:

It’s the last English released card of Inkay, just like the Halloween-stamped Pumpkaboo. In addition, Pumpkaboo was Jessie’s Pokémon in the anime for the XY season while Inkay was James’ Pokémon in that same season.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

I’m continuing with this Wigglytuff also illustrated by miki kudo, additionally, it bears the Fairy type which Inkay has weakness to heh

2 Likes

One of only two Pokemon that share the Normal/Fairy dual typing of the Wigglytuff line, and the only card made of it after it received that typing:

5 Likes

Skyridge Charizard was available in oversized format as one of its set’s oversized box toppers. Crystal Tower’s Entei is an oversized promotional card distributed through CoroCoro for the third Pokémon movie. While not itself a ‘Crystal’ Pokémon, the illusory Entei in the movie crystallizes the very ground he walks on, and lives in a mansion turned crystalline fortress by the power of the Unown. The set piece fight of the movie has him pitted against Ash’s Charizard.

3 Likes

Speaking of fire-breathing legendaries whose main show feature was in the form of imitation:

3 Likes

Speaking of Pokémon featured in the 6th movie…

4 Likes

Regarding the best Pokemon aka Dusclops and japanese exclusives:

5 Likes

I see you posted a gym related ghost with 90hp

8 Likes

I see your Ghost-Type Pokémon with moon in the background and I’ll raise you another:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

After one Stage 2 Ghost Pokemon that used to have Levitate, and a Stage 1 Ghost Pokemon that still has it, here is a Basic Ghost Pokemon that loses the ability upon evolving:

3 Likes

I see your Pokemon with a skull mask and liking the crying of children and raise you a Pokemon which is a sad child and also wears a skull mask:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Ah yes, children feeling the sadeness:

2 Likes

Another pokemon destroying forests… But intentionally

3 Likes

Speaking of Pokémon that can fly but aren’t well known to be able to

8 Likes

Obviously we love Pokemon with a move called Dazzle Blast, because, well…Dazzle Blast.

6 Likes

Let’s add another guy who gets the dragon typing when mega evolving! (Also apologies for the horrible online card photo)

4 Likes

VS and Kusube is interesting. Though they are Owner’s pokemon, she made 4 illustrations of Stage 2 Pokemon for that set, which is the exact amount of illustrations she’s provided of Stage 2 Pokemon throughout the entire history of english. Out of the Pokemon featured in those, Gengar is the only one illustrated twice:

4 Likes