Let's Play a Game! - Card Connections

Gengar is 4’11 . I am also 4’11. So is Ash Greninja! Wonder why these are some of my favorite Pokemon!

3 Likes

I see your Ash’s Pokemon and raise you another of Ash’s Pokemon which is also a promo card as well.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Another one of the starters Ash took to Stage 2:

1 Like

And another dual type fire/dark pokemon who seems to have settled down at someone’s home

s-l500

1 Like

Dobermann x2

2 Likes

I see your Zygarde 10% Form and go down to its Core form:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Great card! 200 damage + discard total energy cost :fire: :fire_engine:

A dragon that isn’t Dragon-Type, so here is a Dragon-type :sun_with_face: :christmas_tree: tree instead:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Another tree that isn’t a tree:

1 Like

Back to Yuka Morii!

In Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, Sudowoodo is Grass type gym leader Brassius’ ace Pokémon, using the new Terastal mechanic to change it into a pure Grass type. Brassius is also an artist, and scattered across his town are numerous sculptures of Sunflora - a Pokémon not on his team but very involved in gaining access to his gym. This creates a fun contrast; on one hand turning Rock to Grass while on the other depicting flower in statue. Yuka Morii, of course, sculpts her work out of clay, making her Sunflora the perfect pick for this connection.

3 Likes

The Pokemon based on a clay figurine sculpted by the ancient Japanese:

claydoll at a towering 4’11. Illustrated by Harada who also illustrated a strapping 4’11 Dunsparce

1 Like

Another pokemon based on a Cryptid closer to my size if you remove 5 inches and add 10 pounds, no Pokemon matching my height it seems. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Fun fact, this art has been used before!

2 Likes

Mountain-dwelling weather setters in the Monster egg group with 7 weaknesses, Mega evolutions and 9-letter names:

5 Likes

• Name begins with the letter Tyran-
  • Both Pokémon are Rock Type.
  • Both Pokémon have an unusual speed stat accelerated by 1 point above a typical threshold, Tyranitar being 61 and Tyrantrum being 71.
  • This card would take 100 additional damage from the previous card, due to the EX vulnerability.
  • Tyranitar is a three stage line, but Tyrantrum has only seen three cards ever printed.
3 Likes

• Learn Head Smash
  • Greatly hindered competitively by their speed
  • Big head, short forelimbs, bipedal and yet separated by over 150 million years of evolution
  • Lived in the same place at the same time (North America during the Maastrichtian)
  • Alive to witness the light of the Chicxulub impactor
  • Both are the subjects of rigorous debate regarding bodily functions and lifestyles
  • Frequently revised in research
  • Both have likely had younger specimens erroneously taxonomized as separate species due to misinterpreted morphological changes

A cool Yoshinobu Saito artwork. As I’m watching some old WWF Atitdude era :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wrestling and Pokemon belong together. I think it’s fitting that Saito also illustrated this card.

1 Like

From a male FA Supporter pointing to his left to a female FA Supporter pointing towards her right:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes