Kraken's Eeveelutions Binder Update

So December ended up being an expensive month for me. Found some of my goal cards that are pretty much at the top of my list. So I couldn’t say no to them. So I guess it’s time to start the new year strong. Before a little drought because my wallet is still crying lol.

First up, the big stuff that had me excited for most of December while it just sat in customs throughout the holidays. Guess Christmas came late for me this year. 1st edition Neo Umbreon and the holo Skyridge. The Aquapolis came as part of the lot but the one I already have is in better condition, so maybe this will be a display one? Not sure. But the other two ended up costing less than what I could currently find for sale individually so I couldn’t ignore it. The holy trio of top vintage Umbreon. I’ve never left work so fast to get home to pick something up from the post office. So happy that for once my drive home was only just over an hour today and not the almost 2 hours that it normally is. I still can’t believe that the listing wasn’t a complete scam (unless I’m just way to into this and overlooking a fake or something). This was the purchase that capped off my year on a real high note. And then came the even bigger purchase that will likely be the capstone of my collection. Something that will probably only ever be topped by a Japanese gold star Umbreon/Espeon (which would need the market to crash completely to happen). But that hasn’t come in yet, so I’m still impatiently waiting.

Now on to some other cards that I bought back in December. The last of my card purchases until February considering how expensive December ended up being.
A reverse holo Sandstorm Eevee and HG/SS Darkness Energy. Love this era of reverse holos. Just a simple shine on the card, especially with the e-reader format. And the darkness energy is real nice. Although I do need to find out how many variations of the Japanese version exist, since there are 3 English versions. Really nice artworks.
Speaking of Sandstorm, I managed to find the last of the Eevee Sandstorm codes that I needed. After searching, I managed to find one. A little expensive for what it is, but I wanted it to finish up the codes and given how I couldn’t find any other ones, I went for it. The Flareon is real nice. Has some weird print line/mark on the top left corner, but it doesn’t bother me considering the rest of the card is extremely clean. Then comes one of the better Jolteon artworks imo, and TCGPlayer fixing their mistake of sending me multiple reverse holo Eevees, instead of the normal holo one I ordered.
And the last of the Eevees for this update. The new Indonesian Inaco Eevee promo. Cool artwork, unique stamp, and can’t go wrong with a foreign language.

Now, on to the Skarmorys. Super happy that I had bought off this Indonesian seller before, because they were willing to go out of their way to track down all the Indonesian Skarmorys for me, including the Starter Decks and Gramedia ones, which apparently can be a real pain in the butt to track down. Wasn’t too hard to convince them. I was on their good side, and I am going back to them to finish up getting some of the Indonesian Gym Promo Eeveelutions. Not a lot of variety, but each one in the picture does have a different set number in the bottom left corner. And just like that, all the Indonesian Skarmorys out of the way in one simple purchase. Now I just need to find a seller who’s willing to track down the Thai and Chinese ones for me since they also have the Starter Decks that no one seems to sell those common cards.

7 Likes