Ken Sugimori history and life story video

I agree. It is very somber and so disturbing. I love this hobby and all the positives it can bring. yet, there truly seems to be a darkness in how artist and their creativity and design is treated in the early days and even now. TPCI owns everything an artist creates. Every Pokemon artist gives up all rights to their work. There is another e4 thread of how Yuka Morlis doesn’t own the art .

eel

Think about this. The creator of Pikachu, Charizard some of the most recognized and known characters in the world . More popular than Mickey Mouse get limited financial gain from their own creations!
Sugamai’s creative depression is real. I wish he could break free to find himself. His work with game freak will stand thru time, yet he doesn’t see his greatness. If I could do one thing I would wish to help him realize his value as an artist. He has been ground breaking. If he chose to do magna he would have blown that away with his talent and creativity

Sorry for the rant. I just find it so disturbing that this creative and talented person feels undervalued and unimportant… if I ever have the opportunity I will go to an event that features Ken Sugamori just to tell them I appreciate and value all they have contributed.

4 Likes