Jayce's Gold Star Collection [Complete PSA 10 English Set!]

Haha, yeah…I don’t frequent Reddit too much since most of the big collectors are here on EFour, but I get surprised from time to time by some of the things I see on there so it helps to check in every so often. :wink:

Good to know thanks! I have a Rayquaza 10 coming in the mail from PSA but have always preferred Charizard so may trade it for a Charizard and something else.

amazing i know one other person close missing 2 i believe so amazing goal and amazing set

1 Like

Congratulations! It was wise to board that train early. I would love to do this whole set in 9.

I also like living indoors and having food so I may need to think carefully about my priorities here :blush:

3 Likes

There are 3-4 people i know that need anywhere from 2-5 PSA 10 Gold Stars to complete the set…but those last few always end up being a combination of Charizard/Rayquaza/Latios/Latias/Torchic, the last of which will prevent many people from completing this set at all since Torchic is a crazy pop 8 (I know who owns 2 of the 8…those are locked in sets permanently…not sure about the other 6 and there hasn’t been a PSA 10 Torchic graded in over a year and a half).

If it’s not the card scarcity that stops people from completing this set, it’s definitely the cost…those 5x would fetch over $20k in today’s market easily for anyone late to the game and still needs them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, I definitely count my lucky stars (pun intended) that I got into collecting Gold Stars years ago…that said…PSA 9s of quite a few cards are already starting to see exponential price increases since 10s are out of reach for most folks, so there’s plenty more profit to be made for anyone who has the capital to invest in certain PSA 9 Gold Stars. :blush:

hay there, i think its gyarados and torchic his missing :blush:

Gyarados will be tough as well…it’s only pop 22.

his got that one now so only the torchic left to get i think

Oh, if you’re talking about onlinegametrading on IG then yes, he needed Ray and Torchic.

I couldn’t tell you who in the world has a PSA 10 GS Torchic right now other than myself and kingpokemonmaster…I was looking for a long time and missed out on Hisoka’s auction a while back, and up until then he was the only one I knew who had one of the 8 in PSA 10 (he may have even had more than one at some point).

ok thanks if you see one could you let me know please :blush:

I’ve never made a YouTube video in my life, but i made one this evening to show case this Gold Star collection for posterity’s sake…you never know when you get the itch to break up the set one day. :wink:

(YouTube really sucks at their video processing speed, i shot this on 4K/60fps but that will likely take hours to process and be available lol).

EDIT: took down the link, i have to reupload because…YT.

EDIT 2: Link fixed! Jayce's Complete PSA 10 [English] Pokemon Gold Star Collection (ALL 27 CARDS!) 5/30/2020 - YouTube

8 Likes

Amazing to see this collection! If I had a time machine, buying all Gold Stars in PSA 10 when they were affordable would be one of the things I’d do first. If I were you, I’d think twice about breaking up the collection though. Reason being, many of the people who are spending money on cards now are the ones that grew up with wotc. That’s not even the target demographic for Gold Stars. Even with prices as high as they are now, I believe that Gold Stars are far away from reaching their peak in terms of value. You might wait for another 3 years. Just my opinion of course.

3 Likes

You are the reason I came back to tcg, I saw pic of you collection on reddit and decided to collect binder set of gold stars which is still working in progress :blush: If you’re breaking up the set you might want to think about selling whole set on auction site like heritage, it might get intrest of big time ballers.

2 Likes

Simply incredible. For the price you paid for the whole set, minus the time and work, you could sell rayquaza and the remaining 26 would be pure profit. Incredible. Congratulations

With that said I would hold them longer if you plan on selling. Still plenty of room to grow.

2 Likes

@jayce87 Congratulations!!! Such a great accomplishment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nicely done brother!

2 Likes

Inspiring others is always the biggest payoff in this hobby…the legendary @hisoka107 here was my inspiration many years ago to go after the Gold Star PSA 10 set in the first place…wish you the best on that binder set! :wink:

6 Likes

This is incredible! Congratulations on your collection!

1 Like

Sent you a PM with a couple of questions!

great video! I cracked up at treecko. Coulda been a sound insert with crickets there.

1 Like