Japanese Shiny Charizard GX Value; Buy or Wait?

Over this past month, the value of the Shiny Charizard GX card has exploded in all languages with the English one going for ~$500-600 ungraded and the Japanese version ~$300-400. I’m considering buying the Japanese version, but was wondering if the price would tank in the future (anyone know if the Ultra Shiny GX set is getting reprinted?) and what the ideal buying price should be.

Japanese sets almost never get reprints/rereleases if that’s what you want to base your decision on. It’s much more common for English.

If you want the card, it’s probably best to get it now while it’s still readily available. Even if it drops I can’t see it going all the way back to its former price points. Against all odds (and my own pessimism), it’s cemented itself as one of the premier modern era cards. It’s a safe bet to buy now. If it dips $50 or $100… you were going to hold on to it anyways, I presume, so just enjoy the ride. :blush:

Yeah unfortunately for you that card has blown up in price!
I have just checked the prices and can’t get over how much it has increased over the last month. I bought a raw mint card at the beginning of June for $125 off eBay and now suddenly everyone has decided it’s worth 2-3 times that! Not complaining but I can’t keep up with the market increases! I go to bed and over night I need to change my budget again to get a card I want.
Anyway it’s definitely an exciting time to be involved in this hobby of mine!

I would buy it anyway! As it doesn’t look like anything is decreasing any time soon.

Ended up snagging one (slightly bent/creased in one corner) for $239 along with a Charmander, Charmeleon, and Cynthia (also Japanese). Hopefully I made a good choice in buying them! Either way, they’re going to look great in my collection binder!

1 Like