I've been mostly inactive, what've I missed?

Howdy all who read this!

For the past several months I have not been active on the forum. I dont exactly know why but checking it frequently and being regular on it multiple times daily kind of just slipped away from my life. I got on maybe once every month or two when it would cross my mind and just did a quick breeze of something if it really struck my fancy. I kept up with a few YouTube channels some too, but not every day either. in the last 3ish months I haven’t really watched any YouTube videos though either.

I’ve gotten to the point where I really miss the forum and everything it has to offer! It is truly a wonderful place and is an invaluable tool and leisure site for every collector. Enough can’t be said about this forum in my opinion. Thank you to all who participate here and are apart of the pokemon community altogether! It’s certainly the wonderful folks that are on this forum that make it so great!

I just wanted to get caught up to speed on if I have missed anything big or noteworthy. New discoveries? Old big story updates? Something random and totally wild!? Was the evolution box wartortle finally pulled on video? Did a ex wotc employee let out some crazy juicy details? Did a prefable finally grade 10? Things like that! Feel free to share something personal that is big news for you too. My collecting certainly hasn’t stopped amongst my absence though, that has stayed strong! Just to add a little pizzazz to the post here at the end, here’s one of my favorite recent cards I have bought since my departure:

Super cool holo shift southern islands marill!

12 Likes

The only thing you’ve really missed is that Japanese sellers are now listing cards as “Luxury products for YouTubers” and sports card collectors are now investing in Pokémon with large enough wallets to spend $8,000 on cards which were $300 8 months ago. It’s what happened with cards the Unikarp back in 2016 but instead of with rare cards with a very limited print it’s happening with Base Set Pikachu.

Nice Marill. I’d like to think someone sneezed whilst lining up that layer and then thought “ah screw it”.

15 Likes

Sports cards guys are buying up 1st edition base cards from what I hear…

1 Like

As already mentioned, prices have exploded for certain cards, especially graded WotC era cards. Cards like Jungle Pikachu/Eevee as 1st edition PSA-10 are 400-600 USD now, even though you can still buy raw NM copies for 1-2 US a piece. I sold my PSA-10 Red Cheeks 1st ed. Pikachu for 7.5k USD last week, which I bought for 350 USD in March last year (increased more than 20 times in prices in 1.5 year time… :face_with_spiral_eyes: ). The full PSA-10 1st edition Base Set seems to be worth roughly 275k USD all combined.

Apart from that:

I’m probably forgetting loads of things, so I might add more later.
On a personal level:

Oh, and welcome back! :blush:
Greetz,
Quuador

29 Likes

Where? Lowest raw copies listed on eBay are like ~$20

1 Like

Hmm, ok, apparently not anymore… I saw some still available last week for those prices, though. :neutral_face:

Probably @fazool 's fault:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I’ll sell you them at 20$ each no problem :wink:

but really,
I don’t want to be an evil businessman, the market just didn’t and doesn’t make sense. if you can buy at the cheaper prices still I would, but please avoid paying anything near 20$ for a raw copy

1 Like

This is making me regret selling my team rocket eevees.
They are still going for $100 and now seem like a bargain compared to jungle eevee.

Good to have you back!

And…

3 Likes

Are you telling me 5 month old set cards arnt worth 900$ in PSA 9? Damn… Rip investments

But in all seriousness if you are back now you have missed some great sets and some crazy times for sure. Pokemon is on a roll and I don’t know if I wanna call this the best time to be back or the worst

2 Likes

Welcome back man! I was just thinking about you last week and wondering where you’d gone. That Marill is sick!

You missed all my posts. I love that Marill!

1 Like

Those daggon sports cards collectors… they need to stick to shaq and Kobe and leave pikachu alone haha. That marill may just be the sneeze marill! Thanks for chiming in dude

2 Likes

@quuador, dude congrats on that sale! That is absolutely wild you were able to sell it for that much! That’s unbelievable based on what you paid a year and a half ago… wow. And also congrats on the seviper, full art supporter, and pikachu progress! That rules! And is super exciting!

Thanks for chiming in with all the updates dude!

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate it and it is nice to know I was thought of! Yeah, I’m pretty stoked on the marill

1 Like

I’ll never miss another, I promise.