It was real: Halloween Miniset announced: Trick or Trade

Thanks for sharing, I am shocked there is not an Umbreon

3 Likes

the card selection aside of the typing (mostly ghost pokemon) it’s just lame. A few days ago I found some art they made for other Halloween promotions and… it’s on another level (and yes, even the pumpkin logo seems to be the same so this is basically a low-reprint set with no actual creativity behind it)

Imagine if they put that Pikachu Gengar, vampire, or witch into cards!

2 Likes

I will for sure be buying 2 of these sets, one to keep as a whole and the other to place throughout my set binders!

1 Like

Completely agree. It was a great opportunity. Maybe next year it will be better!

Pikachu because its pokemon and its gotta have it.

Cubone fits better than you think. For one, the story of the pokemon and its dying mother is pretty sad/grim and fits the Halloween theme. Oh, and its wearing its mother’s skull!

I said that when I picked Marowak for the Halloween set, but a Cubone fighting card it’s so random in this set, doesnt match the rest imo. At least they could pick another one and change it’s typing.

1 Like

It’s also crooked.

But I’m super excited about this idea, and even with all the reprints, and will pick up a few packs at least. =)

The selection isn’t bad considering. I like the cubone choice since he has always been associated because of his dead parent. Pikachu does feel a bit odd. At least give him a costume or something. I like how they included the spider pokemon. The zubat was a solid choice as well! :bat:

2 Likes

Can anyone tell which cards are actually holographic?

dont get me wrong, I really like they pick Cubone but I think the problem is just pick a random fighting type card, add the pumpkin pikachu and that’s all. It happen with all the set but I dont know, maybe they could do something less… vague. Pikachu is worst for sure, at least men, why not choose the Pikachu & Mimikyu promo? it fit much better in the set identity and it’s a cool card to bring back as it’s from 2019, the one they choose it’s at the same time in the McDonalds promo :confused:

s-l500 (12)

3 Likes

Dang, now I really wish that promo was the Pikachu card. The Pikachu card looks so odd because it is a bright sunny day. Glad they got Darkrai and Mewtwo. They def should have had Umbreon and maybe Mr. Mime or Jynx.

1 Like

What code did you put in to get mega sprites?

You gotta do it like this:

.pokesprite.pokemon.charizard-mega-x

that should work for all mons with megas

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

Though it looks pretty underwhelming to be honest… perhaps I am just a hater of the english styled stamps? I honestly feel that they are underestimating the attraction of words. If they replaced all the pikachu icon with “Halloween Trick or Treat”, like a pre-release card I feel it will look better.

Ugh, I hate word stamps! Graphic stamps are so much classier. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

This are the Holo cards

6 Likes

So you think that pikachu stamp is classy? LMAO. There really is all sorts of people in the world

1 Like

I didn’t say that. I said the graphic stamps are better than words.

1 Like

I honestly cannot wait to just hand these out to everyone. Im going to get as many as I can and just start throwing them at anyone I see :joy: I always love handing out packs and this will make it really cheap.

And if that costume is dope you bet their getting two!

I understand why people are a little underwhelmed, but this set has a pretty specific purpose. The eight year old getting a pack of these while trick or treating is going to be ecstatic. I think for what they’re trying to do with this, it’s a great idea.

3 Likes