Ishihara GX

I wonder how many were distributed? If this goes for a good price do you reckon more will be listed? Kind of like what happened to the Pikachu wagon promo

www.ebay.com/itm/233187229805

I want it so much!

8 Likes

I really, really want this card. It’s so cool! Amazing that (apparently) almost no one here knew of its existence…!

1 Like

Wtf is this

3 Likes

the new illustrator lolz.

I think it’s incredible! Very cool how they treat Mr. Ishihara for his birthday. For his 61st birthday, Mr. Arita did a Tag Team GX portrait of him and Pikachu!

1 Like

Ugh, the fact the card is numbered and has a Rotom on it means it’s part of my shared artwork collection, but no way am I spending that much money on what’s otherwise a gimmick card.

3 Likes

i wonder how difficult it was to convince PSA to grade it

4 Likes

Saw this posted on fb… link

5 Likes

Very unique card :blush:

It’s a really neat card, but I wouldn’t ever spend thousands on it.

Out of curiosity though: since both Mr. Ishihara and the employees that received these are Japanese, why is this card in English?..

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

My only guess is that since the card layout designer and illustrator were English speakers, and since the card was distributed in America that they went with English. The next year was Japanese.

So basically this card isn’t a one of a kind? That’s a relief. Hopefully more will pop up and I’ll be able to pick one up when they’re $50 or so. :grin:

That is seriously awesome. I wonder how many exist? Probably more than 100? How many people work at TPCi?

I spoke with one of the people involved with the card - seemed like a really nice chap!

Basically a large oversized card 18x24 was made for Ishihara’s retirement but also one single press sheet of regular sized cards was created. That press sheet contained about 30 cards. Those 30 cards were given out to top executives at Pokemon in Tokyo and only 3 people in the USA got one.

Although according to the link posted before (Mike Cressy Art: Surprise assignment.) The actual artist of the card appears to have received multiples of the card himself. There’s at least 30 in existence for sure though.

3 Likes

Imagine if the number was not TCPi01 but TCPi79 for example. A big hunt for all other cards we didn’t know existed emerges.

6 Likes

It’s a shame it’s US only, that can bid. :confused:

2 Likes

are we gonna do estimates on final price like we did with the 1st ed box last yr? im thinking about 6.5k. thoughts? mines a pure flippaint guess.

Someone’s going to end up waaaaaaay overpaying for this ha

9 Likes

What does this mean? Is there an appropriate price to pay?

1 Like