Is this an Ink Bubble? / Miscut only on back? / Wierd marker

Hey guys,

I have been sorting through each of my binders and I’ve come across 4 wierd “items” that I’m not sure what’s going on.

1.) I have 30-40 cards from Jungle/Base that are cut perfectly centered on the front, however on the back they’ve been miscut causing the entire bottom to be missing.

Back+Front

I have compared these (back+front) with their normal unlimited counteparts and I have no reason to believe that they are fake. If anyone can shed light on this, is this possible?

I have 20 more of ^ , if I do find this misuct is possible, and they are likely real, I will want to get them graded, but some of them aren’t in the best of conditions.

I don’t have much experience grading bad-conditioned cards like the above using PSA, can I request that a grade not be given in some cases?

2.) Similarly to ^, are diagonal miscuts possible also? I only see vertical/horizontal miscuts usually.

Back+Front

3.) Found this when I was looking at which cards to get graded, it’s a horizontal marking that appears on the back of this Team Rocket 1st Edition Dark Gloom, if it was just one marking, I would say it’s been written on, if it was multiple in random positions, fair enough. But it’s the same horizontal marking, straight through the middle (looks like middle) of the card, with equal distance from the next. No idea on this one.

Front/Back + Different Angles

If you cant see it, Ive highlighted it for you in red

4.) This one I think is just an ink bubble on a shadowless machop, but I thought I’d confirm with the community anyways.

Small yellow ink bubble over the 0 in 50HP

The miscuts are completely possible, the front and back are printed in different runs through the offset printer so you do see errors where the front is fine but the back is not. Here’s an example I just got graded:
www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3739473017/
Diagonal miscuts are also possible if the sheet goes through the cutting machine on an angle. Here’s a slightly angled example I recently graded:

www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3739473011/
Here’s a more extreme example I graded a while ago, often these diagonal cuts have wonky corners similar to your energy card:
https://instagram.com/p/BivcNskB7tp

The ink blotches are probably also factory artifacts but they are too subtle/small to be of interest to many people, myself included. You should be able to get all these cards through PSA but personally I have stopped using them for error cards because their grading model is just not intended to accommodate for errors whereas CGC has a specific error card service ( that costs $5 more per card :\ ) but I appreciate having the extra designation on the label.

1 Like

@pkmnflyingmaster, oh wow, that’s great news on the miscuts. Also thanks for the shout on CGC, I’ll definitely give them a look.

Any idea on the horizontal markings through the middle of the Dark Gloom?