Is there a list/resource for booster pack make up over the years?

Basically the title. Quite surprised Bulbapedia has nothing.

How many cards in each booster pack?
What is the rarity breakdown in each pack?
Where can you pull each card (reverse holo or rare slot or even other combos)?

The ultimate would also include approximate pull rates for each rarity, but that might be a harder nut to crack in the later years.

2 Likes

I’m not aware of a single guide, though it would be a cool resource if someone made one. For WotC/EX, here are the basics:

(Note: when I refer to “holo,” I’m referring to both regular holos and higher rarity cards like shinings/crystal pokemon)

Base-Neo Destiny: 11 cards per pack, 1 of which is a rare or holo. The holo replaces the rare in 1/3 packs.

LC: same as above except there’s also a reverse holo in each pack.

Expedition-EX Dragon: 9 cards per pack, 1 of which is a rare and one of which is a reverse holo. In 1/3 packs, one of the commons is replaced by a holo.

TMTA-PK: 9 cards per pack, 1 of which is a rare or holo and one of which is a reverse holo. The holo replaces the rare in 1/3 packs.

When it comes to pull rates of cards with rarity above regular holo, I can tell you what it is for the EX Series sets. I’ll let someone with more knowledge of WotC pull rates help with those pull rates - I don’t want to mess them up. For EX:

RS-SS: ex replaces a holo 50% of the time (aka 1 ex per 6 packs)
DR: ex replaces a holo 50% of the time and a secret rare replaces a holo 8% of the time (aka 1 ex per 6 packs and 1 secret rare per 36 packs)
TMTA: ex replaces a holo 25% of the time and the Jirachi secret rare replaces a holo 4% of the time (aka 1 ex per 12 packs and 1 Jirachi secret rare per 72 packs)
HL: ex replaces a holo 25% of the time (aka 1 ex per 12 packs)
FRLG: normal ex replaces a holo 25% of the time and a secret rare bird ex replaces a holo 8% of the time (aka 1 normal ex per 12 packs and 1 secret rare bird ex per 36 packs)
TRR: ex replaces a holo 25% of the time, a gold star replaces a holo 4% of the time, and the trainer secret rare replaces a holo 4% of the time (aka 1 ex per 12 packs, 1 gold star per 72 packs, and 1 of the trainer secret rare per 72 packs)
DX: same as TRR except there’s no secret rare that can be pulled
EM: same as HL
UF: same as TRR except the secret rare that can be pulled is a Celebi ex
DS: ex replaces a holo 8% of the time and a gold star replaces a holo 4% of the time (aka 1 ex per 36 packs and 1 gold star per 72 packs)
LM: same as TRR except there’s no secret rare that can be pulled
HP: same as DS
CG-PK: same as TRR except there’s no secret rare that can be pulled

Hope this helps with some of what you’re looking for.

7 Likes