Is it better for Arita to sign the CARD or the SLAB?

Was also looking at prices on signed cards and I’m surprised how high of a premium most of these Arita signed cards get. Being that he signs quite a lot.

Such a hard decision.
I’m personally considering breaking out my PSA 8 1st ed Charizard just to get the auto on the card.
It’s just hard to know if it will receive the same grade or not :confused:
One lower grade can decrease the value by over a thousand dollars.

1 Like

Same dilemma that I am in. PSA should offer an on-site cracking service, Where they take it out of the case and have your card held up front until you get there. Then you can have the artist sign it, get your picture taken with it, and then turn it right back over to PSA to be regraded and/or authenticated. That way they have a record of what the original grade was, and they would know what to expect when regrading it.

1 Like

Precisely. That would be amazing

1 Like

3 Likes

There can be a different right or wrong reason for everybody. For me, if the card is valuable or important I wouldn’t want anybody handling or writing on it. If it’s not then I don’t really care.
Now if I’m buying an expensive card, an autograph on it is a deal breaker.

3 Likes

I prefer signature on the card. The case is just a piece of plastic and I personally don’t like cards in graded cases.

Signature on the card it’s the real way you should autograph a card, but a lot of people (like me) don’t like to have their cards marked forever.

Signature on the slab can appeal to everyone into graded cards, but I would attach to them a premium lower than the one for real signed cards.

Since signature costs, you should have on it on the card and then wait the right buyer for it.

1 Like

If the OP is talking about value wise which it seems he is I would say sign the card. You are never going to decrease a cards value by getting it signed. I see a lot of cards gain a huge value because of having the signature. It is niche but it seems to be a very popular niche and I don’t think its risky at all as I’m sure there will always be a buyer. If thinking about future value you need to think that artist is not going to be around signing cards forever. When that happens naturally the value will increase.

1 Like

Yes but when you sign the card it is done. If you get the slab signed you can appreciate the sign knowing it’s reversable. You can addapt to both markets, idk, it’s just my opinion.

1 Like

If you value “reversibility” in a signature you are either choosing too expensive of a card or your interest is disingenuous

3 Likes

I would say this is usually the case, but I can see an exception being if you like the card so much that you don’t want it written on, but you also like the signature, and you love seeing them together.

Right, this is what I was talking about with my rayquaza gs I mentioned earlier in this thread. Here I’m talking about using “reversibility” as an argument for signing on the case.

Works for me! :grin:

It sounds like the best option might be trying both. Get an in person feel for both options and see which one resonates more.

1 Like

sign the case of a signed card

1 Like

Just have the signer sign a PSA perfect fit sleeve…now you have multiple cards signed by the artist. This sound ridiculous right…it’s one step away from signing the case :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Definitely go for that signed card. A signed case is just not as cool imo

Sign the back of the card. That way you get to enjoy the artwork, the signature is more prominent and it’s on the card rather than the case still.

1 Like

Sign the back of the card. That way you get to enjoy the artwork, the signature is more prominent on the blue background and it’s on the card rather than the case, which could be wiped off. (Win, win, win!)