Is Champion's Path The Next Hidden Fates?

I was just saying it’s not branded that way. All the regular set logos have the S&S and S&M logo above the set name, but Champions Path and Hidden fates don’t. They are a special set, and I’m holding hope for something else to come out of Champions Path. I’ll make sure to refine the joke next time though.

Why does something always have to be “the next hidden fates” why can’t we just enjoy each set for its diversity

2 Likes

Because people have opinions, some want all sets to be HF, some want to enjoy each set for what it is.

1 Like

Excited for it but not going overboard. For modern I just dabble and have my fun opening packs.

3 Likes

Don’t think Champion’s will be anywhere near Hidden Fates, unless the HR Vmax Zard is in there. But that’s not confirmed right?

I am very casual and i see hidden fates as cards from lets go pikachu game.
Championship path is maybe cards from sword and shield game,well you can get the badges.
But do you think nearly every holiday set will have a sub set ? That is what people who hype it up are thinking

These special sets are all printed to keep staple cards readily available for players. And they do a good job at that, keeping costs for Trainer Cards within reach for all players. They don’t give a rats bum about collectors and as long as everybody is buying these products, they see that the format (size, content and distribution) works and keep doing it.
They really have to do something else… Their release schedule is way to predictable.

Hidden Fates is arguably one of the best sets of all time. I think there are a lot of people who think it will be comparable to Hidden Fates, but I would be surprised if it was.

We don’t even everything that is in the set. I think it will still be a solid set, especially if the HR VMAX Charizard is in it, but Hidden Fates is a different beast entirely. It had an entire block of sets to draw reprints from, it had a limited distribution, it had the charizard hunt, it had the Shiny GX’s and the regualar shinies. It was a perfect storm of things going for it and I don’t think that is something that can be repeated 12 months later.

Not sure we can tell how good it is going to be until a final set list is shown/announced.

I forget, did they announce the Vault cards with the original announcement of HF? Or did it come closer to the actual release?

Amazing Rares are now fully confirmed for Vivid Voltage (press release, you can check at my site).

Just pointing it out there, for the ones that had any hope for them being in CPA.

3 Likes

Smart tbh. Leaves both CPA and VV with a chase card/rarity. Rather than just making one set insane

2 Likes

Vivid Voltage looking nice with a pikachu vmax, amazing rares and a potential different variant charizard to the theme deck. Lots of big chase cards plus all the rainbows, shiny gold and full art Vs to come as well.

CP looking like a potential bust situation now… Rainbow vmax zard or bust…

1 Like

I feel the same way. If there is no serious chase cards, no one cares about the set.

1 Like

Unless something big gets leaked its looking like Champions Path will be one of the most lackluster sets of the generation. Ill buy 1 etb for the promo and call it a day.

The lacklustre set that has preorders already sold out everywhere and people still paying double the cost to confirm a preorder.

1 Like

Tag All Star cards in it too or bust

Champions Path will be interesting, the chase cards remain unknown but if all it has is that Vmax Zard then its enough to be a popular set.

That’s kinda sad ngl.

You would think something would leak by now given we are 26 days out from release…

I’ve been thinking the same. My distributors don’t even have info to share.

1 Like