Investments??

Ik I just have no idea. I want to collect, invest and much more. I just don’t know what one thing to do. But u are right about that. I just still have mixed thoughts.

Yh I saw that briefcase it looks sexy asf them cards in side of it.

Sorry, but it sounds like you’re not 100% dedicated to the hobby… If you’re planning on just going into this venture to make as much money as you possibly can, it is probably not going to happen for you. With the current Pokemon Craze, there are A TON of people trying to do exactly what you are trying to do - purchase something for $X and almost immediately see a massive return on your investment - and to be honest, that just does not happen. The best advice would be to do your research and purchase items that you personally find interesting / cool. Surly, there are some items that have a higher chance of increasing in value than others; however, nobody can predict the future and tell for certain which items will increase and which will decrease over the years.

I would recommend simply collecting what interests you! If you’re interested / engaged you’ll learn a lot quicker as to which items are “better” investments - as opposed to just going into this blind and hoping to make a few bucks. And nothing will happen overnight - which is again where the interest in the hobby is important. If you’re not fully invested in the hobby on a personal level, are you really going to want to sit-on product and tie-up funds for however long you are planning too (months, years…). There are better options out there if you’re trying to “invest” for the short haul and do not want to tie-up funds for such a long period of time.

2 Likes

Cheers for this reply. I am in into Pokemon. I have been collecting since 2006. And I have a pretty decent collection now of newer and older cards. I know that I can’t make bank of a product overnight. I might look into some products that are high in demand at the moment. Another option for me could be grading my cards. I have never done this so I don’t know much about grading cards at all. But it has got me thinking so thank you again for the reply.

i think theres real room for PSA 9 shadowless 1st edition charizards or psa 10 shadowless 1st edition blastoise and venusaur as the price of the psa 10 charizard continues to rise its only logical that the other 2 starters will rise as well not as much but will and the psa 9 as the 10 is out of most peoples pocket sizes that want a shdowless 1st edition zard the next best thing is the 9 or people looking for the lucky regrade will start buying 9s and regrading them to hope to get a 10 to sell for profit

pre 2000 trophy cards but wont ever be able to get them as most or all are in peoples collections at the moment

1 Like

Are there any estimates out there of how large print runs have been for various sets and expansions? I imagine that information could be helpful in making any potential investment decisions.

What you must do is throw things at people when you dont spend enough.

The more you spend the better…

So if you throw things at people each time you dont spend enough… there will be ramifications… and then youll think… Hmmmm

Im not spending enough, i better spend more always i might end up in prison this time.

humans need a thing that drives them and thats what brings out the best in them.

ALso, make sure your spending that amount on some really good stuff.

True! If you get enough money together youll be able to create this so called Piplup you always talk about. If you spend enough it may be made into a real, recognised pokemon!..but probably not. Money cant buy everything, especially not our imaginary creations.

:blush:

Easy to calculate.
Currently in standard are all sets printed after XY Primal Clash. If this is still accurate now that S&M:GR is out I don’t know. When a new set comes out the oldest set is usually dropped of the list. Knowing there is 4 months between releases you can count back on how long the oldest still legal in standard set has been in print.

Since TPCI is printing like crazy to keep all staple cards available to people in standard there is no way to estimate how much full sheets are printed in total per set.

Thanks to Rudy, I stick with 5 years after print ending. Why? Because distributors have a last order notice before the print is ended. They can order in advance. Some of them keep stock on shelf to do a nice ‘new old stock’ promo a year after the print ended to gain some extra cash flow. Obviously because they can ask more per box etc. Box openers, sealed collectors etc. have their hands on the items they want/need already and all product out goes into collectors market. So there is no ROI before the 3rd year after final print.

im poor ill never get the piplup.

but what i mean is… SPend what you have and everything you can :nerd_face: The key to a successful invester:

The more you spend, the more for long term investment, and the more fun for the coolection. screw the bank account.

The priorties are as follows:

Buy pokemon cards
Buy pokemon cards
buy more pokemon cards
get some money off your family and friends when you over spend and are short for the rent so you can buy more pokemon cards and pay rent.
buy more pokemon cards.

pay rent.
buy more pokemon cards.

FOOD.

If you follow these rules as an investor or collector, you will be rich. You see the more you spend the more harder youll have to work to not be short of rent… So during the week if you over spend, your going to have to sell more cards or work harder, or ask people for loan so you dont get kicked out on the street. Its common sense really… You need to take risks in life to be successful. If you dont try, youll never know if you can avoid being homeless or not. Its the ultimate secret… You see, people sit there and say things like… Spend within your means… Are you kidding? Why would you do that? Thats giving up IMO, that is being lazy. Spending within your means is boring… Have some fun… Drain your bank account, or others, and try and get kicked out of your home. That is how you will become successful investor/businessmen.
But i wouldnt be taking it from me, because it might not workout the way you plan. SOmetimes you just become homeless… I mean its really stupid… Those people say things like - WHatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger… Well IM here to say, sometimes it just kills the sh** out of you :nerd_face:

This has been an episode of The secrets, thoughts & feelerbz, 2 cents, and life philosphies of or with pokesyn.

Hah though that clearly worked for you based on your NET, I wouldnt advise others to try.We cant all be experts at spending all our money, with complete disregard for anything else.

Id like to congratulate you on all of your success and im sure if you keep spending youll accumulate wealth beyond imagination.

There are so many ways to collect.Japanese, English, sealed,psa,binder,grade your own…your fave pokemon, popular ones.Collection cards, limited release, promos…do your reseach…try figure out what direction you want to go.Then research some more and when your done maybe reseach again? then look at market prices trends…your budget.
Im not an expert nor am I even close, I started collecting the new sets around 2 years go.So please take the above as my personal opinion and hopefully it helps.Im not privy to the knowledge and extensive information as most people here but the above is the way im going. Im pulling away from trying to collect full sets of new cards and focusing more on things I enjoy and see future potential for.

1 Like

@geg89 I don’t think OP is about the collecting itself but just wanting to know on which items at this precise moment he can have the most short term ROI on and which items have the highest EV.

1 Like

Yes I know, I kind of went off on one :stuck_out_tongue:

However he didnt mention a time frame and what I said applies to collecting and investing.My collection is an investment in itself.
Anyways, I know nothing of the pokemon market so I was just giving an opinion

*goes back to chasing a big red balll* :grin:

I hope this helps the op and anyone who reads.

The secret is now out of the bag, and now go forth with this knowledge i have bestowed upon thee and make the banksters rich with your ever growing debt. :ninja:

I agree man, you cant have complete disregard for anything else unless your a retard.

But alot of retards were successful revolutionists that were often ridiculed for there idealz.

and one day… you will see, i will be close to being out of negative balance and then will see if theres doubt amoung this forum

But in all serious guys, im just kidding. I like the second bit you said. that is good advice for the op.

But i will say this to OP and others here… The true key to a successful bank account and investment … Youll never hear such great knowloodge… The answer…

Be positive.

How do you be positive you ask?
Ill give you a example…
If you spend 30,000 on roaring skies booster boxes for 160 bucks a pop, and then 1 week later the pokemon company international reprints or re-releases or what ever you want to call it to justify it for 80 bucks a pop. Just Come back to this thread and think of my gran advice … BE POSITIVE.

Just turn it into something good. The people that remain calm and turn these kind of situation into something positive are the kind of people that will do well, especially since they probably not the ones stupid enough to buy boxes this early after printing, so they can sit there and tell you its all cool… wait a minute something’s not right here… your not stupid to buy stuff that is out of print whether it’s late or early after it’s anounced out of print… and can you guess why? BECAUSE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE OUT of PRINT!!! Did i hit a nerve there? well… Im pretty sure if there was someone here who did that, id like to congratulate them for navigating out of the 600,000 tons of salt you were covered in after the nice and warm civilised re-release.

Dividend reinvesting ETF

2 Likes
1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/investing/15395/1

I dug through 8 pages for the last time, this topic like a few others seem to pop up every couple of months.

“Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” - Edmund Burke

1 Like

You would do that. Lol

1 Like