Investments??

Just wondering if anyone here could give me tips or products that are really good to invest in. My thoughts is to buy pretty much everything such as booster boxes, packs, collection boxes, blister packs etc. Any help is greatful.

Its all about those buzzwords my friend!

CHARIZARD
BLASTOISE
VENUSAUR
RAYQUAZA

1 Like

Buy what you think is going to go up in value down the line. If we knew 100% what would be worth tons of money one day, we probably would sitting on a bunch of stuff too. The thing about collectibles is that sometimes we hit gold by having a bunch of something or it could be a total dud (here’s looking at you Roaring Skies booster boxes). We are never sure what will go up or down due to the market demand or Pokemon re-releasing items, etc.

My best suggestion is boxes, packs etc. are great investments but don’t start packing away current things. There are a ton of people who do that and have stockpiles upon stockpiles of the newer stuff just because of how the demography of this hobby is, with the people who used to absolutely love the game, now having tons of disposable income.

PIKACHU
MEWTWO
Exclusive prints
Popular pokemon
Hard to get sealed products, limited release, amazing art works etc
A wise man once said:- The older the rarer the minter the better :wink:

3 Likes
  1. Build a time machine
  2. Go back to 2004
  3. buy a PSA 10 1st Base Charizard
  4. :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:??
  5. Profit

If you just want to make money… when you end up getting into the four figure range you’re better of learning how the options market works instead of buying pokemon cards.

3 Likes

Not Evolutions

Theres Two keys to success in the Pokemon Business

1 Like

As Scott says himself. For Pokemon the order of solid investments are:
GEM MINT PSA 10 Cards, sealed product, single cards. Can’t find the exact video he mentions it in.

If you really going for pure invest, track market, make wise decision. If you want to have fun while doing it, invest in specific Pokémon and get the PSA10 Zards as side dishes.

Already have a few of them. You know that PSA GEM mint 10 Charizard basecard card, it looks really good in my collection XD. cheers for the advice bud.

1 Like

Cheers for the advice, I will try and look at base set xy and lower first. Just hoping they don’t re-release like they did with primal and roaring skies.

1 Like

Cheers I will start looking at the rarer section of Pokemon of selead products and limited release of sets or cards etc.

I think also a good idea to check Rudy’s (Alpha Investments) videos on Youtube. It’s Magic, but investment wise you can use all his tips on any sealed collectible product.

I might have a look at the market at some point. And would you help me make that time machine. It seems to be a great plan XD.

Point taken cheers.

I guess I need to jerk it off a bit more than I’m doing at the moment. Hopefully in the next month I will be a millionaire.

2 Likes

I will have a big look at his videos. And maybe hopefully that can give me a more inside of investments cheers.

I would say all the things 1st edition from the WOTC era, with a stronger emphasis on the Base Set, Jungle and Fossil… Those will always be the original 151 Pokémon and will carry the majority of value, both due to nostalgia and history… I believe that, even down the road, when the kids who are growing up with the newer sets are older and able to dedicate part of their money to a collection, they will want to get those first sets… They are the banner of the hobby!

Of course sealed products of the first three sets are safe, for the next 10 years maybe (I seriously have no idea xD), because later those boxes/packs will fetch such a premium that the liquidity of them will be very low, plus people will be always be careful on counterfeits and hence not willing to take the risk.

What I would do if I had plenty of money to invest in the hobby is establish a value on PSA 10 1st edition Base - Fossil, if I can get them for that price I would just do it and sit on them for a while (This would not be “my collection”, that would be a different thing with a dedicated flow of money and irrationality ahaha)

As for newer things I would look at limited prints with exclusive items, there are a variety of items that fit into that category.

Cheers!

I do have quiet a lot of cards that can get me 8 to 10 on PSA. But don’t know which ones to send. Cheers for the advice bud.

Exclusivity Exclusivity Exclusivity!!! Anything limited in quantity is always going to have a better chance, especially if people start hunting for them. Most recently look at the Team Rocket Briefcase! Exclusive, limited in quantity and everyone wants it :wink:

You post more or less this exact same thread every month or 2. Surely you should know what you want to invest in by now.