Investing In The Downturn. Battles Styles? Chilling Reign?

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some other opinions other than mine and my close friends that also invest/collect. I dont need to hear buy what you like to collect because i do that for my collection but this is strictly an investment question.

Ive been around now almost 8 years in the hobby and remember the hate steam siege and also crimson invasion had when they were sub $80 a box and also when roaring skies and ancient origins were also sub $80 after the reprints. Im leaving out evolutions because i feel that doesn’t count due to the nostalgia, having the reprint base charizard along with the other reprints.

Every one of those boxes all at least doubled, tripled and more even before logan paul. Also a box has never gone too far under the $80 range on open market (maybe mid $70s at lowest) in recent times.

I feel this is an over correction due to high print and the fade of logan paul euphoria but over time the product will dry up and eventually rise. What are your thoughts on investing into battles styles, chilling reign and other sets that reach sub $80 a box? I would appreciate thoughts from those smarter than me and more experienced.

Thanks in advance!

purchase what you enjoy

If you think it is an overcorrection then there is probably profit to be made yay. I really dont see why Battle Styles went under $80 though, for sure the best set in the recent past, so that is probably great stonks

1 Like

Not trying to be rude but I see this response all the time on here when people are looking for other opinions and wanted to ask:

Do people enjoy mutual funds, do people enjoy owning section 8 housing rentals, do people enjoy _____ fill in the blank. I said in my 1st sentence it would be for investment only.

But thank you for the reply, i appreciate it!

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-english-market-thread/27424/1

3 Likes