If you had $10,000, what would you buy today

Just to be clear, I don’t have $10k :joy: and I’m not looking for investment/financial advice. Just a random thought and wanting to have a fun weekend discussion.

1. Crypto
  2. 1 big purchase of WOTC booster box (unlimitedjungle/fossil/TR)
  3. 1 big EX series box
  4. 1 big money slab
  5. lots of evolutions
  6. diversify into 50x modern booster boxes
  7. multiple PSA slabs
  8. Japanese booster boxes
  9. booster packs
  10. Some modern Pokémon, MTG, DBS mix

Possibilities are endless. What do you think would have the most % gains in a couple of years. Very curious to see some of the answers!
Remember 10k limit!! :grin:

1 Like

Things I enjoy

2 Likes

thicc pikachu NFT

2 Likes

Just bought a Charizard PSA10 unlimited…

1 Like

A few bananas. After that I’d have to really think about it.

2 Likes

for 10k? That’s a really good deal

10k isn’t going to get you a booster box unfortunately

1 Like

Buyout all the Shiny Lotads at $13 each.

3 Likes

Tesla Tequila bottles

I would set aside $20 a month for the SMPatreon, then slowly buy pretty much every card I wanted for the next few years, picking up extra copies to flip if possible.

The card with the highest % gain will probably be older, rarer, mint condition, have exclusive art, and have some sort of a unique non-set card release. My fee to tell you which one? $10,000. :blush:

I’d go on a National Park vacation, probably Glacier.

4 Likes

Grade 1,111 bulk cards at CGC so in a month when grading prices triple I’d already be locked in.

1 Like

Lord of the Rings in 4k (the official release ones) Extended Cut, and rent a suitable cinema to watch it in.

5 Likes

Dude. I’m changing my answer.

I want this.

4 Likes

I’d probably use it as a down payment for the new Ford Bronco coming out in a few months. I’m not a massive car guy, but I’ll eventually have to have me one of those.

Unikarp low grade

Ok, so we’re talking about what would have the best returns over the next 2 years? If that’s the question, then I might (begrudgingly) pick modern booster boxes.

If we’re talking about a 5-10 year time horizon, however, then I’d instead buy WotC/EX sealed product. That or gem mint Alpha. Or maybe gem mint 1st Edition Base. If you’re going for the medium-long term, then you want to go for the high end of the market.

Just my opinion. But if I had an extra $10,000, I wouldn’t be investing it. I’d be just buying more things I want for my collection (aka gem mint early EX Series stuff).

1 Like

Unlimited jungle, fossil, etc. are under 10.

I know. Wasn’t even thinking about the unlimited. My bad.