Best card to buy at the $1000 mark?

What would your advice be for the best card to buy that costs around 1k.

Please refrain from answers like; buy what you like etc. I’m just putting some feelers out there to see what people feel like has the most potential at that price point.

Look forward to the responses.

EDIT - IF YOU WERE GIVEN 1K AND HAD TO SPEND IT ON ONE CARD, WHAT CARD WOULD YOU BUY FOR YOURSELF?

I’ve got miscut fossil dragonite ill sell ya, i didn’t cut it that bad when opening the pack

3 Likes

Damn you’ve got me beat.

Buy what you don’t like?

18 Likes

31 Likes

OP go for free advice, no get.

3 Likes

15 Likes

1st edition Spanish Water energy

1 Like

1k Amazon gift card(s) sounds about the best value I’d say.

The true answer is to buy something below market price, no-one can tell you what card will be worth more in the future

1 Like

@1by1collector, “buy what you like” is literally the only answer that will provide you with what you’re looking for. By owning something you like you’re less likely to sell and more likely to hold onto it as it fluctuates in value. Value growth also takes time, which is why this is important.

4 Likes

I love the prospects for the Base mint Chinese Charizards.

2 Likes

Don’t under any circumstance, ever not get what you don’t want when you want what you don’t get.

1 Like

ok thanks guys :grin: thinking the weedle :blush: didn’t realise how frowned upon this was. don’t ever remember it being such a controversial question back in the day.

2004 toyota corrolla station wagon. best 1k america in ever spent.

5 Likes

I didn’t frown apon it.

3 Likes

It’s not frowned upon, there’s just no answer. You’re asking people to guess what card you would like, or speculate into the future value of something. What you would like, we don’t know. Speculative answer, a charizard card.

8 Likes

You could score the Neo Revelation 1st Edition Holo Legendary Dog/Cst/Whatever Trio for under $1000 each:)

Downright gorgeous cards with very low pops. If I had $2400-3000 to shell out right now, that’s where my money would go.

Or maybe Aquapokis Lugia. Beautiful card in a scarce set.

1 Like

Psa 10 Dark Zards have doubled in the last year. Blaine’s Charizard is up there as well for fast growth this year. It’s a safe bet for a WOTC Zard in a high grade. Maybe Expedition Charizard will follow? Charizard EX from FRLG is a really cool card as well although newer. It’s unique because it was the first Charizard EX card.

There’s a lot you can do in Pokémon for 1k.

1 Like

@1by1collector A stamped worlds card.

2 Likes