I tried to make top 10 of biggest collectors in the hobby

Hey guys, very slow day at work so I thought be fun to rank top 10 collectors in the hobby. This is all based on public info. Could be plenty of private collections we don’t know about.

1. Dubsy
  2. Logan Paul
  3. Scott P
  4. Gary king
  5. Pokerev
  6. Gem mint
  7. Leonhart
  8. Dan katch ‘em all
  9. Mr Fuji
  10. Rusty
    This just my personal opinion I know a lot of big collectors this is just my opinion. Thoughts?
5 Likes

David Persin is probably up there for English at least

19 Likes

Absolutely. As far as English goes Uncle Dave could be #1 above all else.

4 Likes

Weird how the biggest collectors all have popular youtube accounts :slight_smile:

49 Likes

Ya I tried to go with diverse collections. Obviously, I could add another like 20 big name collectors. Mostly going after the highest dollar, craziest collections. I know Logan having a psa 10 illustrator, plus the 7 or 8 first Ed booster boxes.

Ya, I know I wasn’t trying to go off just YouTubers just they are more known to show off their stuff. I could easily add another 20 big name collectors. But a lot of them are more private.

Fun idea. How are you thinking about “top”? Most valuable? Most unique cards?

2 Likes

Highest dollar and most diverse, it ended up being more YouTubers because they tend to
Show off more of their rarer stuff and unfortunately other big collectors don’t show what they have. Making it harder to place them.

I had him like top 20. It’s hard because he doesn’t show everything.

Probably some private folks that have big collections that belong on the list, but obviously we don’t know who they are haha.

3 Likes

I have a feeling some of the hobby’s most elite collectors are private.

14 Likes

I’m sure especially after that leonhart video. A private Japanese collector had a million dollar collection. I remember last year collect a con Orlando I spoke to one of the vendors who had a ton of first Ed boxes who said he purchased a collection in the high six figures from a widow who’s husband was a judge and just like to open and complete sets with his kids and after he died she just stored them in the garage and had no idea wha they were worth. But because too many private I can’t rank those people.

1 Like

Yeah, I think there are probably a lot of those “don’t know what they have” private collectors, but also lots of “know what they have” private collectors who remain private on purpose. Have you checked out PSA Set Registry to see if there are any common names that pop up on there? That might be a good place to poke around.

1 Like

imo I’d rank the guy who has the largest oddish collection above any of those chumps

9 Likes

I think a better wording for this is top 10 favorite collections rather than best. All of these guys collections are of a similar caliber & I wouldn’t put either of them over each other. Just a matter of preference at this point as almost all these collections have something over the other.

1 Like

The most complete collection is private. There’s a handful of other people not on there that have incredible collections; all private. The reason we’re aware is because they buy from people on efour.

There’s many different ways to dice up the list. Distributors or people who buy out distributors have some of the most valuable collections, but are they even collectors… If you count people who primarily chase what they like and “collect” you have a list that’s easier to manage. This is instead of counting people who have incredible quantities of cheap/highly available cards.

Then you have people who collect quantities of cards. Like the collector Leonhart bought out that had 30+ of each Japanese Shining. Not only did they collect, they went deep. Anyone who goes deep will have some serious value over someone who casts their net wide.

So, I think you need to define your list more and what collector means to you. I think you’ve noted more public collections as they’re easier to track down. If you can provide a better definition, we can help give perspective on what collections might shape a list.

24 Likes

I wonder how many new private monster collectors are out there. Many incredible collections are built over time but of course with enough money you can bypass a lot of hurdles.

Quite a bump in the number of millionaires and billionaires of the Pokemon generation these last few years.

2 Likes

There has to be some huge quiet collectors in Japan that have bigger collections than half this list.

9 Likes

Indeed.

I’d say this would be a list of biggest public collectors in the hobby, and then a few changes like Uncle Dave. But THAT would be MY personal opinion. :grin:

With Leonhart recently acquiring the snap promos from that collector… yes. Most certainly, there is a bigger fish.

2 Likes

Where does Xiao rank?

2 Likes