I choose you pokemon movie was amazing [SPOILERS WARNING]

So i saw the movie today and thought it was really well done. Hit me in all the feels like I was a child seeing the first movie for the first time. It starts like the first episodes and then branches into a story of its own with new never before seen characters. The story is playful at the start, playing on nostalgia but then develops into a fully fledged movie in it’s own right. As a whole, the story was pretty well constructed, the metaphors depicted in ash’s dreams, pikachu and ash’s connection…it’s all really well done. When pikachu spoke at the end AND went in his poke ball for the first time ever, it was heart warming. But not just their story, little stories from the main characters like the boy and his luxray hit you emotionally multiple times.

From an artistic standpoint it’s the top quality standard we’ve all come to expect…and then some. Really great shading and shadows (amazing use of shadows). I love the direction they’re taking the series.

The thing which was the cherry on top was AFTER the credits, they showed the original gameboy game transform into an animation and it was just so good. I love it. It made me laugh cos the post credits content was about 30 mins or more and 90% of the cinema had walked out at this point LOL they missed 2 episodes of pokemon generations, red/blue gameboy clip, pokemon origins and more. It was really supber, one of my favourite films for sure.

And naturally, I got my card and it means all the more to me now, because there’s a scene in the film where ash’s hat falls on pikachu when he dies. I’m glad i bought an extra card off ebay to sell on in years to come because I wanted to keep this one now. That bit where ash died was so mewtwo first film lol but still really great.

Dat immortal ash can overcome death.

3 Likes

Also , the card I got with the card shows something interesting. We can all get a special hat pikachu for the games in november:

It’s ultra sun and moon only, laaaaaaaameeee. I didn’t wanna buy it xD just noticed

It sucks that the Pikachu hat is for USUM and not the regular Sun and Moon. The first 6 hats were all for SM, so why not the final one?

Pikachu’s voice though… :fearful: That was kinda terrifying

3 Likes

I loved the movie!! *-* I’ve just come back home from the cinema and OMG. I even cried. So many great scenes from the anime, so great new stories (I loved the character of the boy)… I think I’ll go see it twice lol

2 Likes

*Spoilers* I’m glad you put spoilers on the title of the post. I mentioned going to the movie today in another post. Everyone in the theater gasped when they heard Pikachu speak (I’m not kidding). I was shook when that happened. I agree that it did a great job hitting you in the feels. I love Ho-oh more now. I always thought of him as being magical as a kid when they see him going towards the rainbow. It was lame but at the end credits they put all his friends like Misty, Broc, Dawn etc…
I’m glad I was able to get the card and be among the first in my area to watch it.

1 Like

The movie was awesome. My kids and I had so much fun watching it. Every battle was action packed, dynamic and explosive! I was also shook when I heard pikachu speak, kinda caught me off guard. Overall 5/5 stars, didn’t appreciate the directors hitting me in the feels like they did though haha.

Edit: Some Pics!

The shorties

The cards

Charizard evolving!

9 Likes

I somehow missed every single pikachu lol I saw no ads, got no email. I’ve kept up with the in store pokemon but can’t believe i missed ALL of em xD

The luxray part was so sad >_<

Is that you on the left :wink:

7 Likes

Movie was actually really good awesome to so many kids screaming in the theater lol

1 Like

Wtf why have you got so many

I’ve got a feeling it has something to do with why the kids were screaming in the theater lol

5 Likes

Those adorable kids sure don’t take after you. You must have a lovely wife;)

1 Like

Poor kids, and the parent stole all the cards from them amirite

I see people spending €20 for the promo’s. Also see that the Pathé Cinema in the Netherlands only gave out the promo’s on the 5th … I was thinking about going to see it like next week with my nephew, but if no promo, no go >😊

Yea this is why I bought one on ebay before the film came out. I wanted one to sell on later and one to keep. I’ve invested in it and now i’m going to wait, everyone here thinks i’m mad though. But I think it was a one off limited print.

I just went today and i didn’t get a promo, i asked for it but alas… apparantly they only handed them out for the “top seats” pretty big dickmove, Especially since i ordered tickets many weeks prior in advance.

The movie was awesome though…!
Definitely worth going to the cinema for :blush:.